The Opportunity: Marketing Portfolio Manger
In air, ground and naval defense, aerospace and border security applications, Curtiss-Wright Defense Solutions, a division of Curtiss-Wright, is globally recognized as one of the most innovative designers and manufacturers of highly engineered solutions built rugged, from the ground up, to reliably perform in harsh conditions.
If you are a proven, successful, technical product marketing manager, with a strong understanding of defense Industry applications and platforms, and how DSP Processors, FPGAs, and GPGPUs are utilized in those applications, we're looking for you to join our Marketing Portfolio team. You'll own the marketing efforts for the intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) business unit's product portfolio, aligning the marketing efforts with the BU strategy.
The marketing team is a shared service across the company; this position reports to marketing but delivers marketing programs for the ISR BU, located in Ashburn Virginia. Due to the geographically dispersed nature of the team, this position requires a high degree of autonomy and proactivity.
- Align the BU marketing effort with the strategic growth strategies and drive the creation of power messaging and value propositions.
- Create technical marketing collateral (white papers, case studies, videos, etc.) often via interviews with subject matter experts.
- Develop marketing campaigns to promote the content and generate leads.
- Lead the marketing effort for product launches and provide sales training support.
- Lead the market and competitive research effort to support road maps and positioning.
- Track and highlight trends in inbound marketing activity to evaluate the effectiveness.
- Leads sales enablement through the creation of sales tools and sales training.
- Periodically attend shows (serve as booth staff) and sales meetings
- Where possible, identify and develop marketing campaigns with other Defense Solutions business units or partner marketing.
- Support and attend strategic steering committee meetings and other relevant meetings (R&D reviews and funding requests on new product/service/systems proposals)
- Collaborate with marketing communications, PR, strategic alliances manager, product managers, sales and business unit leads to create strategic marketing programs, internal sales tool and market research that generates leads and improves the company's market position.
- Provide examples of white papers, case studies or other technical marketing content
- Have a strong understanding of Defense Industry applications and platforms and how DSP Processors, FPGA, and GPGPUs are utilized in those applications.
- Have an embedded systems background with the ability to pinpoint customer pain and develop power messaging.
- Be able to convert technical information into problem solving/value propositions.
- Marketing and/or journalism degree or certificate
- Quickly acquire subject matter knowledge
- Work effectively with Marketing, Sales and Engineering
- Independent and be self-motivated
- Great team working and organization skills
- Some travel required, possibly international
- B.A. in English, or Marketing, B.Sc. Engineering or Computer Science (with demonstrated writing skills), or Technical Writing Diploma, and/or equivalent experience.
- B2B marketing embedded hardware/computing experience
- Experience in a similar industry is desired
Note: Some international travel will be required. A passport in good standing will be required.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the Controlled Goods Directorate (CGD).
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.