Sr. Technician - Help Desk
MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs and has partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under MAXIMUS's founding mission of Helping Government Serve the PeopleŽ since 1975, MAXIMUS Federal Services is entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
The Help Desk Sr. Technician is responsible for responding to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
* Identify, research and resolves technical problems
* Mentor and train other technicians on more complex and/or critical procedures and items
* Document, track and monitor problems to ensure timely resolution
* Assist in tracking and resolving issues pertaining to application, networking, and systems
* Promote a high level of customer satisfaction through proper telephone and ticketing system techniques, and
respond with the appropriate amount of urgency to user problems
* Correct application and server issues, solve network and security problems and identify PC software and hardware
* Provide hardware support of PCs, Laptops, and Datacenter equipment, such as installing replacement hardware,
racking equipment, or upgrading hardware
* Support Software/Hardware on equipment such as, Scanners, Copiers, Printers, Monitors and other peripherals
* Provide support for Windows, Windows Servers, and VM's by evaluating and troubleshooting issues including
running in-depth diagnostics
* Assign user-name, password and access right permissions for multiple proprietary applications, as well as client
* Perform other duties as assigned by management
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Computer Information Systems, Computer
Science, or another related field. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
* Minimum 8 years of related work experience required
* Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
* Computer literate and familiar with help desk procedures
* Knowledge of systems software sufficient to determine if a malfunction is in the hardware or in the software
* Ability to install and deploy Windows based computers using MDT
* Possess working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
* Knowledge of Internet Explorer software usage and configuration
* Ability to lift up to 60 pounds required
* Frequent use of computer, telephone, and office equipment (copier, fax, scanner)
- High School Diploma with 4+ years of experience, or Associate's degree with 2+ years of experience.
- May have additional training or education in area of specialization.
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgement in resolving issues.
- Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
- Has substantial understanding of the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Able to research and resolve most non-routine issues independently.
- Communicates on complex or sensitive issues or drafts such responses for supervisor or team lead.
A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource.
MAXIMUS is and Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.