Business Analyst 52100 Job
|Location: Austin, Texas
||Date Posted: 4/3/2019
|Wage: Up to $0.00 per year
||Category: Information Technology
|Job Code: 52100
The energy at our company is contagious. We're driven by our immense passion, as we constantly seek out challenges and identify new opportunities. We work hard to connect with our customers and earn their loyalty for life. Bring your talent to our company - our opportunities for growth span the globe. We will give you the training and opportunities to unleash your ambition.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts on behalf of the business owner or product owner to meet the needs of the Scrum Development Team and assure product delivery
- Develops a clear understanding of the customer's needs and defines a Product Backlog
- Constantly re-prioritizes the Product Backlog based on customer feedback, market changes and business priority.
- Determines the appropriate product Release Date and Content
- Actively manage internal and external stakeholders
- Accept or reject the product teams work results at each Sprint Review meeting
- Maintain a basic knowledge of software development
- Provide regular reporting including product spend, scope, schedule and planning
- Manages the integration and communications among applications, databases and technology platform teams
- Administers company technology practices, standards and procedures
- Manages an inventory of technology related assets hardware, software, application systems, databases, licenses, products
- Makes decisions based on documented business opportunities, benefits, risks, and success factors of potential applications
- May manage a portfolio of development projects with implication to cost reduction initiatives
- Analyzes a variety of work processes and associated document and information flow for strategic recommendation to leadership
- Oversees group that defines and implements new or enhanced applications into a production environment
- Manages Third Party relationships with software integrators
- 5+ years' experience as a business analyst
- Document project requirements
- Creating user stories
- Agile Methodology/SCRUM
- Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
- Experience in software Product Development (Products having a graphical user interface is a must. Applications delivered to a mobile phone preferred. Customer facing websites secondary.)
- Demonstrable knowledge of software development lifecycles and activities
- A strong understanding of software Agile methodologies
- A clear ability to manage a range of different personality types in a facilitative and mature manner
- Strong relationship building skills including the ability to relate constructively to all levels of the organization
- Strong listening and written and oral communication skills
- A proven ability to plan, undertake and finish activities to achieve high quality results
- The desire to be part of and contribute to a team environment
- Demonstrated commitment to keeping sensitive information confidential
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical addressees
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- Very high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivates employees, and elicits work output
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Technology industry trends, directions and market experience; ability to relate them to own organization
- Knowledge of architectural concepts, principles, and tools relevant to infrastructure, information, Applications, organizational structure, etc.
- Familiarity with company's information architecture and information management methodologies
- Proven experience developing product requirements using an Agile project/software development lifecycle methodology (User Stories preferred)
- Extremely high level of sound logic and analytical ability where problems are very unusual and difficult
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills
Fast Switch, Ltd., delivering the Right Talent at the Right Time for over 21 years. We are an IT Consulting company with offices in Detroit, MI, Columbus, OH, Cleveland, OH, Cincinnati, OH, New York, Hartford, CT, Massachusetts, Minneapolis, MN, Los Angeles, CA, San Francisco, CA, and Tucson, AZ. We're doing business in almost half the states in the union.
We're a financially strong, privately-held company that is 100% consultant and client focused. You are our most important asset!
We've differentiated ourselves by being creative, flexible, and fast. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company.
We're different. Our consultants and clients tell us so, and it's our great people who make the difference! We do unique things, and we do them for Fortune 10 companies, Inc. 500 companies, and technology start-ups. We also have a strong belief in giving back to the communities we serve.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefits options you can choose just the benefits that you need or want, options include:
* Medical and Dental (Fast Switch pays majority of the medical program)
* Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
* Long Term Disability (100% paid)
* Life Insurance (100% paid)
* 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
In 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017, Fast Switch was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press and one of the Best Staffing Firms In 2016 and 2017. We have won the Columbus Business First "Fast 50" award 9 times in 12 years because of our strong growth which translates into more and better opportunities for our consulting staff members.
To view all of our open positions, please go to: www.fastswitch.com and at the bottom of the page click Job Opportunities, or get there directly at: http://tinyurl.com/z6r74up
You can also follow us on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/fastswitch
And you can become a fan of Fast Switch on Facebook at: http://tinyurl.com/y9y3gdp
Start Date: 04/22/19
Position Type: Contractor
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Fast Switch LTD
|Company: Fast Switch LTD