The Opportunity | Material Handler
Under general supervision, performs the physical tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, order fulfillment, storing and distributing of materials, parts, supplies and equipment. Unpacks and checks goods received against purchase orders or invoices, maintains records of received goods and rejects unsatisfactory items. Lifts heavy items and operate a forklift. May prepare kitting packages for assembly production.
- May prepare, load and unload shipments including documentation and verification.
- Responsible for processing all material to include examination for damage, processing discrepancies, and delivery of material to stock Locations.
- Assist with cycle count inventory.
- Refilling oil stations as required.
- Local deliveries and pick ups of materials and parts required.
- Working on a forklift.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a material handler and/or general labourer capacity.
- Must have a driver's license and full-time access to transportation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Comfortable lifting up to 50lbs unassisted.
- Must be available to work 6:00am-6:00pm on a rotational basis; OT as required.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.