Procurement Analyst III 52057 Job
|Location: Jackson, Michigan
||Date Posted: 4/2/2019
|Wage: Up to $0.00 per year
|Job Code: 52057
Procurement Analyst III
If you're looking for a career that will provide a challenging work environment and many opportunities to learn, our company is the place for you. Join our team and become part of company full of exciting opportunities. We help employees achieve their personal best by offering many opportunities that develop and enhance their skills for career advancement.
The Procurement Analyst performs advanced analytical or administrative tasks associated with business processes and/or department specialization. These tasks are performed in an independent manner with minimal instructions and guidance as to the general results expected. The work is varied, advanced and offers opportunity for developing projects, applying skills such as analysis, planning, design, research, coordination, facilitation, and communication with customers or outside agencies. This position also applies an in-depth knowledge of principles, practices, policies and procedures within the specialization to complete the more difficult assignments and may coordinate or lead smaller projects.
Procurement Analysts are responsible for purchasing products and/or services for internal departments. They meet with suppliers and arrange contracts that benefit the company by working closely with Project Managers, upper management and business partners to make sure the scope and direction of each project is in the contract.
- Support/govern the Company's procurement & contracting activities by reviewing contracts.
- Create and manage purchase orders for materials and services
- Administer the RFX process (RFI, RFP and RFQ).
- Negotiate cost effective agreements with key suppliers based on our core values of procurement (safety/quality/cost/delivery/morale).
- Establish and manage relationships with all key internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinate internal resources and suppliers/third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects ensuring they are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Use appropriate verification techniques (portfolio analyses, market/competitive data) to manage contractual obligations.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Ensure commercial, legal, contractual and policy compliance in all procurement transactions.
- Knowledge/Administration of sourcing tools & processes.
- Deep knowledge of procurement processes and policies
- Demonstrated supplier management and negotiation skills. Ability to identify both required & desired outcomes from a meeting or situation, and be comfortable entering into difficult discussions/situations with suppliers or stakeholders.
- Knowledge of contractual law highly desirable.
- Experience modifying contractual documents, including but not limited to, terms and conditions
- Ability to analyze Bills of Material (BOM), drawings, scope or Statements of Work (SOW) to understand key requirements
- Show tenacity & initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to comfortably and effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to easily interface with others, build and lead teams and drive cost and process improvement.
- Analytical Skills - demonstrated ability to relate & compare, securing relevant information and identifying key issues. This includes seeking and organizing information, and conducting relevant data analysis.
- Financial & qualitative acumen - demonstrated understanding of the use, interpretation and impact of key quantitative and financial measures.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Ability to delegate, keep composure, persevere in adverse situations and contribute to team building.
- Process mindset; capable of developing standard work & training materials for internal & external stakeholders.
- Experience working in confidential environments
- Ability to prioritize and work under tight time constraints.
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) certification highly desirable.
- Software Proficiency: SAP, Ariba, Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business Management, or related degree.
- 4+ years in a procurement role with a track record of success in increasingly complex responsibilities.
- 1+ years of experience managing complex contracts
At Fast Switch, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Isn't that cool? Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve, and have a little fun along the way.
We at Fast Switch have been doing this for 22 years. We're doing business in almost half the states in the union with offices in Detroit, MI, Columbus, OH, New York, Hartford, CT, Massachusetts, Minneapolis, MN, Los Angeles, CA, San Francisco, CA, and Tucson, AZ.
We're a financially strong, privately-held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things, and we do them for Fortune 10 companies, Inc. 500 companies, and technology start-ups. We also have a strong belief in giving back to the communities we serve.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefits options you can choose just the benefits that you need or want, options include:
* Medical and Dental (Fast Switch pays majority of the medical program)
* Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
* Long Term Disability (100% paid)
* Life Insurance (100% paid)
* 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
In 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, Fast Switch was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press and one of the Best Staffing Firms in 2016 and 2017. We have won the Columbus Business First "Fast 50" award 9 times in 12 years because of our strong growth which translates into more and better opportunities for our consulting staff members.
Ranked "#1" supplier by over 50% of our customers nationally.
Ranked "Top 3" supplier by over 75% of our customers nationally.
To view all of our open positions, please go to: www.fastswitch.com and at the bottom of the page click Job Portal, or get there directly at: https://www.jobs.net/jobs/fastswitch/en-us/all-jobs/
You can also follow us on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/fastswitch
And you can become a fan of Fast Switch on Facebook at: http://tinyurl.com/y9y3gdp
Start Date: 4/29/2019
Position Type: Contractor
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Fast Switch LTD
|Company: Fast Switch LTD