Senior Business Analyst Job
|Location: Dallas, Texas
||Date Posted: 3/21/2019
||Category: Information Technology
|Job Code: 7142/7684
Works directly with the Business Unit, IT, the client and other internal departments to analyze, understand and document business requirements and implement solutions. Continuously strives to improve efficiency, reduce costs, ensure compliance with regulations, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide clients with quality service. Successful candidates will offer a strategic perspective, sound business judgment, deep analytical capabilities, and a collaborative working style. They will possess strong intellectual curiosity, and a passion for achieving practical business impact.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Assess, write and communicate business requirements and functional requirements, evaluate and approve technical requirements, provide input into test plans, and assist with the system design to ensure system functionality. Identify affected parties. Notify and educate involved groups.
- Perform triage of incoming IT work requests. Develop high level requirements quickly that will assist with estimation process.
- Drive system change requests to completion.
- Perform detailed ad hoc analysis. Organize and write reports.
- Answer questions regarding system functionality and processing procedures and issues.
- Manage small to medium projects, following standard project management methodology.
- Support Business Unit during implementation of new clients and services, including ad-hoc training as needed.
- Research and analyze system and manual processes and prepare written recommendations for changes and/or improvements; work with various groups to ensure successful implementations.
- Perform Business Process Reviews.
- Develop and write procedures for newly designed processes or systems.
- Serve as lead to Business Analysts I and II.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience in process oriented business.
- Five to seven years in insurance and/or mortgage servicing industry preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited school or relevant experience.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Experience with TFS.
- Working knowledge of development and testing methodologies and techniques.
- Familiarity with basic project management methodology and ability to utilize project management skills when needed.
- Advanced analytical abilities. Must be capable of breaking problems into component parts and addressing each individual issue in order to develop an appropriate and thorough solution.
- Interviewing skills as related to requirements elicitation, data gathering.
- Self-motivated, deadline-driven, ability to support multiple projects with competing priority.
- Attention to detail with the ability to understand how a process fits into the overall business model.
- Conduct research and analysis with minimal supervision.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to influence others and negotiate effectively.
- Solid interpersonal, facilitation, negotiation, and conflict-management skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills with a disciplined mindset.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- MS Office Suite, including Visio diagramming software.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Ability to effectively communicate with other employees and clients at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to complete assignments with independent thought and action within the scope of specific assignments.
- Ability to understand technical functionality and documentation and produce non-technical documentation.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data and draw conclusions from data gathered.
- Ability to identify potential problems and escalate as needed.
- Able to work well in a fluid environment, flex with change and tolerate ambiguity
- Produce written documents with clearly organized thoughts using proper English construction, punctuation and grammar.
- Available for occasional short-term business travel.
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: National General Insurance
|Company: National General Insurance