The Pet Care business unit of Spectrum Brands is based in St. Louis, Missouri with distribution, manufacturing and sales offices throughout the US and globe. Owners of dogs, cats, birds, small animals, fish and reptiles rely on our brands for exceptional value and trusted results. Our industry-leading brands include Tetra®, Instant Ocean®, Marineland®, 8-in-1®, Dingo®, FURminator®, Nature's Miracle®, GloFish®, DreamBone® and SmartBones®.
We're looking for a passionate and detail-oriented person to support and analyze Trade programs for our consumer goods portfolio focusing on our Global Pet Care Division. The Trade Marketing Analyst will collaborate with sales and marketing teams to execute shopper programs at the customer level that maximize profitability and ROI for Spectrum based on brand strategy.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Channel/Retailer Program Management
- Analyzes POS/Nielsen data, channel insights and program for trend indicators or competitive activity.
- Work with Category Management to plan out shelf flow and improved aisle experience opportunities.
- Work with sales to prepare all necessary collateral for new item launches and product pitches.
- Track implementation of retailer programs (promotional or new item resets). Evaluate program effectiveness and ROI to apply to future.
- Create marketing collateral for sales force (NAMs, Retail Sales Reps, Distribution Sales Reps) includes images of displays, endcaps or shelf flow diagrams.
- Communicate shared calendars of brand funded promotions to sales
- Communicate retail promotions to Revenue Management Team
- Evaluate post-promotion analysis from Revenue Management Team to gauge success with respect to sales, profit, ROI
- Collaborate with e-commerce promotions to ensure shopper experience is seamless
- Capture display asks from sales and quantify for display team. Report display progress to sales.
- Brand Strategy execution at retailer level
- Understand Brand Architecture/Strategies
- Adapt and execute channel materials to deliver shopper-centric solutions that achieve Brand and corporate goals.
- Facilitate product knowledge training for sales force.
Education and Experience Profile
- Bachelor's degree in business management, data analysis, marketing, mathematics, or related area.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a project management or analytical role (category management, sales analysis, customer support, marketing support)
- Prefer two (2) years of marketing, sales or customer support related experience within a Consumer Packaged Goods environment.
- Must have a very strong skill set in the use of Microsoft Office with proven knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint.
- Proven data analysis skills including using pivot tables and creating charts in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills, attention to detail.
- Comfortable presenting to a large group including customers
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and timelines
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter within a team setting.
- Demonstrated ability to manage results with others.
- Strong customer service attitude and action orientation with a drive for results.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at a functional level.
- Some travel required (10%)
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.