The Global Command and Control System - Joint (GCCS-J) is the Department of Defense system of record for the command and control of Joint and Coalition Forces. GCCS-J supports the Situational Awareness (SA), Intelligence, Force Protection, and Cross-Functional/Infrastructure Mission Areas.
The GCCS-J Lab support consists of maintaining existing lab infrastructure, software, and tools, supporting the testing of the Global Command and Control - Joint (GCCS-J) to ensure all systems are available for testing of the GCCS-J system along with the available GCCS-J interfaces. This work includes working with the other JITC GCCS-J support teams of Operational Test, Inform. Be capable to maintain the software tools and systems in the lab and have them ready to test. Software tools and testing systems require maintenance due to version compatibility, Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs, IAVA's) etc.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Member of the Global Command and Control System (GCCS) team
- Responsible for performing system administration functions on Unix, Linux and Windows systems
- Responsible for installing new versions of GCCS software
- Responsible for conducting interoperability tests on GCCS software
- Responsible for monitoring all lab applications, troubleshoot problems, isolate root causes and maintain a list of fix actions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree's; or
- Associate's degree with 6 years of experience; or
- 60 semester hours formal education working towards an Associate's or Bachelor's degree and at least 6 years of experience; or
- 12 years of experience.
- This requires a DoD 8570.01M IAT/IAM/IASAE Level II certification.
- Additional certifications (other than those required for the position) in the area of specialization may be substituted for 1 year of experience.
- the degree must be in a relevant technical curriculum and experience must be related to the job duties.
- Must have at least 10 years with performing system administration duties
- Must have experience with performing system administration duties on least one of the following operating systems: Linux, Unix, and Windows
- Requires 1 certification in relevant area
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA A+
- Ability to effectively interface with technical and non-technical staff at all organizational levels
- Quality oral and written communication skills
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Have practical and working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
- BS in Computer Science, Information Management or related field
- Secret clearance required / Top Secret/SCI preferred
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require filing, typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, included but not limited to: bending, reaching, turning and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distances may be required.
An inside and outside environment (considerations: closed quarters, close together, lighting). Needs to be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions.
Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
Core work hours will be between 6:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required. Travel to and from customer's locations and the test fields may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.
Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and construction services for industrial, commercial and government organizations globally. The company employs over 74,000 people and operates in more than 40 countries around the world.