Jacobs is looking for a talented individual to join our team for DISA's Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC) supporting the new Test, Evaluation, and Certification (TEC) contract.
The selected candidate will support the task lead with Joint Interoperability Certification (JIC) efforts of command and control, sensors, and weapons systems that comprise the Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) Family of Systems (FoS), also referred to as the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS). The project FoS includes: Patriot, Terminal High Altitude Air Defense (THAAD), Space-Based Infrared System (SBIRS)), Joint Tactical Ground Station (JTAGS), Arrow Weapon System, (AWS) and Aegis Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD).
Specific duties will include: Link 16 Test, Evaluation, Data Analysis evolutions, Test Reporting, and generation of Assessment and Certification Letters; develop/maintain an overarching FoS Requirements Analysis for Test (RAFT) document; develop/maintain an overarching Joint Interoperability Evaluation Plan (JIEP); develop a test plan and test support package for each BMD supported test event; attend Test Concept, Test Planning, and Test Readiness meetings with the BMDS Operational Test Agency (OTA); provide on-site test data collection for each BMD supported test event; and conduct detailed technical analysis of all valid data on the FoS and evaluate and report on the performance relative to its agreed to performance levels and standards and eventually its Joint Staff certified requirements.
The purpose of this tasking is to provide the independent technical test and evaluation of BMD FoS Joint Interoperability per DODI 8330.01 and related DoD/JITC regulations and directives. The task is fluid in nature and will require flexibility supporting this effort. This task requires support personnel who are experienced in developmental/operational test (DT/OT) of major defense acquisition programs, customer coordination and can attend program meetings providing articulate and collegial active participation that delivers effective liaison between JITC and other integrated test team members, BMDS OTA, and their vendor(s).
Education and Experience:
- Requires a Master's degree and at least 4 years of experience; or a Bachelor's degree with at least 6 years of experience; or an Associate's degree and 12 years of experience.
- One year of experience can be substituted by 15 semester hours completed towards a Master's degree.
- Requires at least 1 certification in area of specialization. Additional certifications in the area of specialization may be substituted for 1 year of experience. The degree must be in a relevant technical curriculum and experience must be related to the job duties.
Related certifications in the area of specialization may be substituted for 1 year of experience.
- This position will require a Top Secret SCI security clearance at time of hire.
- The ideal candidate must have extensive knowledge of Link 16 including Joint Range Extension Protocol (JREAP) with experience conducting Service-level Link 16 testing/data analysis and deficiency reporting.
- Operational Test (OT) experience
- Systems Integration Developmental Test (DT) experience
- DT/OT experience in several of the following areas:
- Global Summary Messages (GSM)
- Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Identification Friend or Foe (IFF)
- Integrated Broadcast Service (IBS) Common Message Format (CMF)
- Link 4C
- Link 11
- Satellite Link 11
- Standard Survivable Message Set (SSMS)
- United States Message Text Format (USMTF)
- Variable Message Format (VMF)
- Various secure/non-secure voice networks to include: UHF/VHF and UHF SATCOM
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require filing, typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, included but not limited to: bending, reaching, turning and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distances may be required.
An inside and outside environment (considerations: closed quarters, close together, lighting). Needs to be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions.
Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
Core work hours will be between 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Monday - Friday. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required. Travel to and from customer's locations and the test fields may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.