MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs and has partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under MAXIMUS's founding mission of Helping Government Serve the PeopleŽ since 1975, MAXIMUS Federal Services is entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
MAXIMUS is seeking an experienced Senior Exchange Engineer to support our enterprise Exchange and Skype Environments by serving as an integral part of a team to primarily support administration as well as design, implementation, testing, and maintenance. This position will support and assist in design of highly complex hybrid on premises and O365 Exchange and Skype environment
* Support of on premises Exchange and Skype to O365 with a focus on migrations to O365
* Administer, maintain, and install upgrades (as needed) on premises Exchange and Skype environments. Ensure the systems are up to date with latest versions.
* Administer clustered IronPort and security gateways and management appliances.
* Author and utilize PowerShell scripts to maintain and automate processes
* Provide recommendations on environment architecture and best practices
* Participate in maintaining Azure users and groups
* Review and incorporate latest messaging developments and best practices
* Work with Information Security to comply with established security policies
* Respond to requests for eDiscovery and assurance that all requests comply with security policies
* Review and consolidate any legacy messaging systems and servers to reduce datacenter footprint
* Work with Information Security to ensure messaging system adhere to corporate security policies
* Analyze systems to assure no gaps in messaging security exist in order to prevent any possible phishing or other data threats
* Develop and implement training tools and documentation in order to facilitate guidance to less experienced personnel
* Review and develop process documentation for messaging system tasks
* Perform other duties as assigned by leadership
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required, preferred field of study in Information Technology or Engineering, or equivalent experience in lieu of degree
* Experience in system engineering, software engineering, operating systems, programming or architecture to include: At least two (2) or more years of hands-on; experience developing and implementing Clustering solutions; experience developing and implementing High Availability solutions for Exchange and Skype
* Experience providing Tier 1 and/or Tier 2 support in an enterprise level, globally distributed environment
* Experience authoring and running PowerShell
* Experience designing and installing applications
* Leadership skills to assist less-experienced personnel
* Ability to demonstrate aptitude for learning and rapidly mastering new applications and technology
* Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal
* Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior-level personnel and team members
* Ability to work well both independently and in teams
* Proven ability to prioritize rapidly-changing tasks and assignments
* Ability to participate in on-call rotation
* Ability to work during non-business hours and on weekends for support, if required
* 24x7x365 world-wide operations may be required
* Experience working with operating system software and desktop applications with a specific concentration in Microsoft Exchange and Skype
* Superior analytical and creative problem-solving skills for trouble-shooting complex issues.
* Ability to interact with both management and customers to provide diagnoses and resolution for current systems
* Experience with one or more of the following: Windows Server 2012 and 2016, SQL queries for Skype, Application architecture and installation, ADFS authentication, pass-through authentication, SSO, O365, Skype for Business, Global O365 Administration, Azure AD Connect, IronPort, security gateways, compliance, Data Loss Prevention, eDiscovery
* Ability to sit for up to 80% of time
* Ability to lift or carry objects up to 10 lbs.
* Frequent use of computer, telephone, and office equipment (copier, fax, scanner)
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 6 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgement in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel as a team lead.
A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource.
MAXIMUS is and Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.