Jacobs is looking for a Systems Administrator for the Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC) at Fort Huachuca, AZ.
Manages the daily activities of configuration and operation of the organization's IT systems and applications. Assists in the installation, maintenance, and general support of IT systems. Identifies and resolves problems associated with operating systems. Analyzes and resolves problems associated with server hardware/software and applications software.
Installs new software releases and system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches, and resolves software related problems. Performs system backup and recovery procedures. Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity. Performs system capacity analysis and planning, and optimizes system operation and resource utilization.
Defines system requirements based on user/client needs, cost, scalability, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms. This position provides system administration for information systems within multiple enclaves, classifications, and facilities, both local and distributed. This effort supports multiple test labs, servers, workstations, over multiple domains; Windows and Linux operating systems: VMware and MS Hypervisor virtualization; Active Directory, DNS, web, HBSS, ACAS, database, email, collaborative tools, associated applications, test tools and services. Position provides System Administration (SA) support for both physical and virtual servers, zero clients, thin clients, and workstations
Education and Experience:
- Associate's degree; or
- 60 semester hours of formal education working towards an Associate's or Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of experience; or
- 6 years of experience.
- The degree must be in a relevant technical curriculum and experience must be related to the job duties.
- Additional certifications (other than those required for the position) in the area of specialization may be substituted for 1 year of experience.
- CompTIA Security + CE certification.
- Must be familiar with systems administrations concepts, practices and procedures.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgement.
- Typically reports to a project leader, supervisor, or manager.
- Must have an active Secret security clearance at time of hire.
- Experience with DCGS.
- System Administration experience to include, managing multiple domains, groups policies, implementing Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIGs), configuring and managing virtual machines/environments (VMware ESXi), configuration and application of HBSS/EPO, understanding of Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP).
- Ability to provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) level support and plans of action to the government and government customers (Commercial Vendors).
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require filing, typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, included but not limited to: bending, reaching, turning and kneeling
An inside and outside environment. Needs to be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management.
Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
Core work hours will be between 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Monday - Friday. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings.