The Opportunity | CNC Lathe Machinist (2nd Shift)
Under general supervision, performs routine and semi-routine assignment planning, layout, set up, operating and making tool adjustments for various types of manual, numerically controlled and computerized machine shop equipment. Under general supervision, works from blueprints, process sheets and sketches to perform production tasks, which may include the cutting and shaping of metal to precision dimensions. May communicate directly with engineers to understand the purpose of a part assembly. Checks and inspects machining operations against specified tolerances. May identify and repair minor machine malfunctions.
- Manufacture and inspect detailed parts and tools from blueprints, sketches, drawings and verbal instructions using a variety of machining tools and equipment ( mills, lathes, drill presses, grinders, jig bores and other machining equipment) and using mathematical and geometrical calculations.
- Determine how to set up machines based on instructions received and perform minor repairs of equipment. Responsible for keeping work area clean and free from safety hazards and to maintain acceptable quality and efficiency level.
- Prove out CNC programs when required.
- 1+ year of experience on CNC Lathe Machines
- Ability to read blue prints.
- Trade school degree in machining is preferred.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.