The Opportunity | Quality Inspector (Contract)Italic (Ctrl+I)
Under general supervision, performs a variety of inspections, checks and tests for quality control for the manufacturing of products. Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Responsible for accepting, rejecting and ordering rework of the item.
- Performs a variety of inspections, checks testing and sampling procedures for product manufacturing processes.
- Carries out packaging line, manufacturing inspections and sampling and testing of incoming components and raw materials to ensure that company standards are met.
- Monitors critical equipment and instrumentation.
- Prepares product verification documentation. May draft procedures and assist with validating or troubleshooting testing methods, including assays.
- May apply approval or rejection labels to bulk raw materials once analytical data is evaluated.
- May perform parts dimensional inspection for code requirements.
- 2-3 years of related experience in a quality role.
- Aerospace experience is a strong asset.
- Comfortable doing various administrative support tasks for the quality team.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.