Make an impact with outstanding products from world-class brands including our 7 leadership brands: OXO®, Hydro Flask®, Vicks®, Braun®, Honeywell®, PUR®, Hot Tools®.
We have an immediate opening for a Staff Accountant based out of our Marlborough, MA office.
What contribution will I make to Helen of Troy?
As the Staff Accountant, you will handle the day to day accounting responsibilities and contributing to the planning and reporting needs of the organization.
What will I be doing?
- Actively involved and responsible for month-end close, balance sheet reconciliations, variance analysis and producing various financial records, comparisons and statements
- Deliver and complete the month-end closing process – prepare and post journal entries and produce analysis, reconciliations and schedules to support financial positions in accordance with GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley and company policies and procedures
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles in accordance with GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley and company policies and procedures
- Prepare and maintain schedules to support capital assets, depreciation, prepaids and accruals
- Partner with Financial Planning & Analysis and Commercial Teams to ensure consistency in transactions and alignment in forecasts / budgets
- Assist with preparing forecasts and the annual budget
- Assist with internal and external audit requirements
What are the requirements for consideration?
- Bachelor’s Degree or other 4-year Degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field.
- One to three years of experience required
- CPA preferred
- Proficient using accounting systems, experience using Oracle Business Intelligence a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to interact with various levels of management
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
- Requires a highly organized, strong analytical thinker
- Applicants must be eligible to work full-time in the United States
To learn more about Helen of Troy, visit us at www.helenoftroy.com. You can also find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Facebook, and Twitter.
Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
If you, as one of our employees or as an applicant for employment, have any questions about our Affirmative Action Plan, please contact Human Resources during regular business hours.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000.