Director, Global Data Center Operations Job
|Location: El Paso, Texas
||Date Posted: 3/6/2019
|Job Code: R0001245
Make an impact with outstanding products from world-class brands including our 7 leadership brands: OXO®, Hydro Flask®, Vicks®, Braun®, Honeywell®, PUR®, Hot Tools®.
We have an immediate opening for a Director, Global Data Center Operations. This role can be based in El Paso, TX or Marlborough, MA.
What contribution will I make to Helen of Troy?
The Director of Global Data Center Operations’ role is to focus on strategic development of all aspects of the global facilities, including managing staffing requirements, optimizing processes and technology, and ensuring a high availability platform. The Director of Global Operations will also work closely with the IT executive staff in US, Switzerland, China and decision makers in other departments in order to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the global organization.
What will I be doing?
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Work with different business units at the director level to align business and IT.
- Ensure the efficient utilization of IT resources – including personnel and equipment – across multiple global locations.
- Oversee all reports and documentation related to network and systems operations.
- Develop global maintenance schedules for network and systems equipment.
- Facilitate system feasibility studies and testing.
- Examine, refine, and develop the existing monitoring and response metrics.
- Ensure best practices are established for effective problem resolution for a high availability, 24/7, global environment.
- Develop, implement, and maintain all key global functional policies and procedures, including those for network architecture, data centers, standards, purchasing, monitoring, and service provision.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of IT systems, including networks, data centers, servers, PCs, operating systems, and associated hardware.
- Define global data center short and long-term strategies to ensure global infrastructure capacity meets current and future requirements.
- Approve purchase of equipment and supplies in order to meet operational requirements of the business.
- Analyze existing operations and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the network infrastructure and IT systems.
- Conduct research and remain current with the latest technologies and solutions in support of global infrastructure procurement efforts.
- Develop requests for proposal.
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
- Manage operations staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions across multiple global locations.
- Ensure change management practices conform to organization-wide standards.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Assist in the provisioning of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
What are the requirements for consideration?
- University degree in the field of computer science or information systems and 10 years related work experience.
- Valid passport needed for travel overseas.
- Strong technical knowledge of network and server operating systems, including Windows, Linux, VMWare and Hyper-V.
- Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including MPLS, Cisco IOS, Cisco Firewalls.
- Strong technical knowledge of storage technologies – preferably NetApp.
- Proven experience in building and managing virtual teams.
- Extensive knowledge of programming languages, including Unix and Windows scripting.
- Proven experience in Global IT infrastructure planning and development.
- Proven experience in global management of both infrastructure and staff.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws in multiple countries.
- Experience in successfully using project management tools to execute large scale global projects. Strong understanding of project management principles.
- Experience managing vendors and contracts.
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Proven experience developing business cases and departmental budgets.
- Good business judgment.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
For more information about Helen of Troy, click here. You can also find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Facebook, and Twitter.
Incorporated in 1968, Helen of Troy has grown into a leading global consumer products company with career opportunities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. We offer creative solutions for our customers through a diversified portfolio of well-recognized and widely trusted brands, including OXO®, Hydro Flask®, Vicks®, Braun®, Honeywell®, PUR®, Hot Tools®, Revlon®, Pert®, and Brut®. Most of these brands rank #1 or #2 in their respective categories.
Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
If you, as one of our employees or as an applicant for employment, have any questions about our Affirmative Action Plan, please contact Human Resources during regular business hours.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000.
Start Date: ASAP
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Helen of Troy
|Company: Helen of Troy