Spectrum Brands - The Home & Garden business unit of Spectrum Brands is based in St. Louis, Missouri with distribution, manufacturing and sales offices throughout the US and globe. We are a leading supplier of consumer products nationally for the home, lawn and garden, insect and weed control markets. We deliver groundbreaking products of exceptional value and top-notch quality to consumers with our well-recognized brands including Spectracide®, Hot Shot®, Cutter®, Repel®, Black Flag®, Garden Safe®, EcoLogic® and Liquid Fence®.
This role is a leadership position within the organization, with strategic ownership of a brand portfolio. As a leader, the incumbent must have the skillsets & experience necessary to make sound business decisions, competently manage and develop direct reports, set strategic direction and influence internal/external stakeholders to follow that direction.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
The Brand Manager will have responsibility for optimizing short and long term volume and profit performance for a brand portfolio by developing, championing & executing the strategic vision
- Ownership of P&L for assigned brand(s) - accountable for performance against plan
- Develop and deliver annual brand/business plans
- Lead overall vision for product pipeline & development strategies
- Manage overall product portfolio & mix
- Develop cross-channel pricing strategies in collaboration with Pricing Team
- Set strategic direction and oversee consumer advertising & promotion plans
- Maintain up-to-date competitive benchmarking, in partnership with Market Insights and Trade Marketing
- Develop and direct consumer research strategies, and execute in partnership with Market Insights
- Serve as the lead "voice" for assigned brand portfolio for all key constituencies, including sales, R&D, regulatory, operations and finance
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Profile
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA strongly preferred.
- 6+ years of packaged goods brand management experience with a record of increasing responsibility and delivering proven results
- 4+ years of profit and loss responsibility, including marketing budget management
- Experience managing and developing direct reports
- Has managed all four key areas of marketing responsibility (the four "p's"): product development, pricing, promotion & advertising, and place (channel/distribution strategy)
- Experience leveraging internal/external business performance data to inform strategic decisions
- Has led development and delivery of key account sales presentations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must exhibit strategic thinking skills (ability to see the big picture)
- Must be able to balance strategic planning ("creating the future") with tactical execution ("running the business")
- Must have ability to analyze complex data and situations and develop a range of simple solutions
- Must be able to utilize quantitative, qualitative and syndicated research to develop brand plans
- Must be an excellent presenter, with strong presence and an ability to influence key internal and external customers
- Solid understanding of traditional business software applications (MS Office, etc.)
- Must have strong ability to interact and collaborate with multiple functions throughout the organization
- Must be able to manage & develop direct reports to maximize their potential
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.