The Upper Main Line YMCA is currently seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to work part time in our Childcare Early Learning Center as a Lead Teacher in the afternoons. The rate of pay is determined by qualifications. The ideal candidate will not only possess the state requirements for the position, but will also have a passion for working with young children and model the core values of the YMCA. We look forward to having you join our dynamic team!
1. A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Special Education, Elementary Education, or the Human Services field OR
2. A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, including 30 credit hours Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Special Education, Elementary Education, or the Human Services field and one year experience with children OR
3. Associates degree with a minimum of 2 years experience
4. Must keep an up-to-date DPW file with a current physical
* Plan and implement an educational program that meets the emotional, physical, intellectual, and social needs of both the individual and the group
*Develop & implement monthly lesson plans
*Establish and maintain positive communications with parents and school staff
*Positively interact with the children to encourage development and involvement in activities
*Obtain a Child Abuse and Police Clearance, FBI Fingerprint Clearance, Bloodborne Pathogens, Sexual Harassment, Safe Lifting and Child Sexual Abuse Prevention training, CPR, First Aid, yearly health assessment and any other training necessary to comply with DHS regulations.
*Making a difference in a child's life everyday!
*Free individual or discounted family YMCA membership with completion of new employee orientation. Membership only valid while actively employed.