As the world’s premier company for insulated products, Hydro Flask began with a challenge: to create a reusable water bottle that truly performs in any environment. It had to keep hot liquids hot and cold liquids cold. Period.
We are hiring an Event & Field Marketing Specialist who will be the face of Hydro Flask at consumer-facing events, leading our efforts on the road, in addition to providing tactical and logistics support to ensure proper strategic execution of our field marketing events.
Event & Field Marketing Specialist Key Responsibilities:
- Perform event activation in their entirety, including load-in & load-out, consumer and brand interactions, booth management, brand ambassador selection, training and oversight, product giveaways, and event recaps
- Must be able to drive large field marketing vehicles to and from events, including trailers towed behind vehicles
- Execute within planned budget for each event
- Forecast product needs, enter orders for giveaway product, promotional coupons, and other deliverables for each event
- Track key performance indicators (KPIs) at events
- Take event photos for social media and event recap purposes
- Collect consumer feedback at events
- Provide quarterly reports summarizing event activations, KPIs, consumer stories, and other metrics
- Organize all required travel and logistics for planned event marketing calendar
- Identify new opportunities and event partnerships to bring regional marketing plans to life in identified or potential hot spots
- Communicate with event promoters regarding current and future activation opportunities
- Design a consumer experience that aligns with Hydro Flask’s brand and strategy
- Collaborate with internal teams and external agencies regarding staffing, collateral, vehicles and other assets
- Create, maintain, and track event and promo budgets
- Enter purchase orders to ensure agencies, vendors, and partners are paid on time
- Coordinate contract review and sign off per internal procedures
- Maintain current list of sponsorship commitments, in addition to future prospects
- Identify & vet opportunities based on established sponsorship criteria
- Respond to incoming sponsorship requests
Requirements for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- At least 2-3 years of prior field marketing experience
- At least 2-3 years experience with budget tracking and management
- At least 2-3 years experience with reporting and documenting events
- At least 2-3 years experience in people management
- Must have a satisfactory driving record. Will be required to provide license information for our company to run your Motor Vehicle Report.
- Savvy with MS Office applications and writing project outlines
- Prefer field marketing experience with an outdoor lifestyle brand
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Working for Hydro Flask:
Do you love unique problems and challenges? We are a group of hard-working people and outdoor enthusiasts who are constantly putting our products to the test and delivering “ahh” experiences to engaged consumers worldwide. As an employer, we live our brand values every day, supporting a reliable, playful, adaptive, honest, inclusive, and unconventional culture where employees can learn, thrive, and grow.
Hydro Flask is based in Bend, Oregon. There's desert to the east of town and mountains to the west. Our geography says a lot about who we are. We bike, ski, swim, run, do yoga, hike and play outside. We cook on the grill and share kombucha and growlers in our backyards. We go for it wholeheartedly. That may sound like the weekend, but that's how we live every day of the year. We don't accept lukewarm in our attitude toward life or in the temperature of whatever we happen to be drinking. We want to taste the fullness life has to offer and share it with the world. That's why we are committed to making tomorrow better - our lives, our products, our experiences. We believe nothing in life should be lukewarm.
Hydro Flask not only gets what our customers want, we also know that providing an awesome environment for our employees (who are also our customers!) is vital for our long-term success. Along with a casual, dog-friendly environment in our beautiful headquarters in Bend, Oregon, we ensure our employees are taken care of with a strong compensation and benefits package including healthcare, 401(k) with company match, employee stock-purchase plan, PTO, paid parental leave, annual incentive pay, a sabbatical program, free lunch every Friday, and of course, product!
For more information about who we are and what we do, click here.
You can also find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Facebook, and Twitter.