Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WSYX-TV / WTTE-TV has an immediate opening for an energetic and creative Executive Producer of Digital and Social Media to manage the stations' digital team! You will drive strategy and execution to make ABC6OnYourSide.com and MyFOX28Columbus.com the source of news and information in the Columbus, Ohio market.
The ideal candidate will have big ideas on how to capitalize on the content the ABC6/FOX28 news team creates each day. You will work closely with other news producers and reporters on content and style of posting, while using the latest publishing technologies for all of the stations' multi-media news platforms. As a newsroom leader, the expectation is that the Digital Executive Producer will lead by example.
- Manage digital producing staff effectively and professionally
- Create a strategy for daily coverage as well as long-term coverage goals
- Develop workflow for delivering new content and updated web and social stories throughout the 24/7 news cycle
- Be available to lead coverage of major breaking news or severe weather, regardless of schedule
- Work collaboratively with news managers, assignment editors, producers, editors and reporters/anchors to maximize content and enhance audience experience on all the stations' digital/social platforms
- Drive new content initiatives and, while working with news, sales and promotions teams, supervise content strategy and execution
- Close partnership with other news executive producers to create content and brand continuity among the on-air and digital/social platforms
- Ensure accuracy of stations' digital and social content
- Monitor digital/social pages of market competition
- Provide coaching to on-air staff about best practices on digital/social platforms
- Research and report page analytics for the stations' digital/social platforms
- Write original stories
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications include:
- Four-year degree in journalism or communications is preferred
- A minimum of 5+ years related experience
- Strong writing skills and a proven track record for getting results on initiatives
- Great people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating
- Five years of experience in journalism or broadcasting
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and video editing; Avid is preferred
- Proven experience developing and growing audiences
- Excellent project management skills
- Must be self-motivating and able to work well with a diverse group of people
- Must be able to handle stress, including short deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills
- The ability to work flexible hours
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!