Senior Risk and Safety Manager Job
|Employer Name: DESC
|Location: Seattle, Washington
||Date Posted: 2/20/2019
|Wage: 66,015.00 - 74690 Yearly Salary
||Category: Social Services
|Job Code: 107914724
Location: Seattle, WA
Days Off : Saturday, Sunday
Pay Range : $66,015 - $74,690 annually
Shift: Office Day
Insurance Benefits: Dental, Life, Long-term Disability, Medical
Other Benefits: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), ORCA card subsidy, Paid Time Off (34 days per year), Retirement Plan
DESCRIPTION OF ORGANIZATION:
DESC (Downtown Emergency Service Center) is a nonprofit organization working to end the homelessness of vulnerable people, particularly those living with serious mental or addictive illnesses. Through partnerships and an integrated array of comprehensive services, treatment and housing, DESC gives people the opportunity to reach their highest potential.
As the region's leading provider of services to multiply disabled, chronically homeless adults, DESC serves 2,000 people each day through a comprehensive continuum of care which includes emergency shelter and other survival services, mental health care and chemical dependency treatment, employment services and permanent supportive housing. This integrated service model is designed to help disabled homeless men and women secure and maintain appropriate, safe and affordable housing. DESC is recognized nationally and regionally as an innovator in developing solutions to homelessness.
The Senior Risk and Safety Manager is responsible for the evaluation, development, and continuous improvement of safety, risk, and compliance management strategies for the agency, with the goal of integrating best practices throughout the organization's diverse programs and departments. This person collaborates with staff at all levels of the agency to implement these policy and procedure improvements to ensure that DESC is a safe place for clients to receive services and housing, for staff to provide them, and to secure the ongoing health of the organization. As a member of the Administration and Planning department, this person contributes to other agency-wide initiatives and projects the team is working on. This role reports to the Director of Administration and Planning.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the development and implementation of agency-wide policy and procedure documentation, collaborate with the management team to ensure consistent application of policies & procedures agency-wide.
- Facilitate the agency's compliance with regulatory safety requirements and contracts relating to its insurance coverage; Interpret and advise on the impact of emerging issues, regulations and legislation to agency operations.
- Lead the agency's safety efforts and the development, implementation, assessment, and on-going management of the agency's safety and emergency preparedness program to maintain a safe environment for staff and clients at each location.
- In collaboration with the training manager, create and sustain safety-related training programs for staff through both in-person and online learning sessions.
- Co-Chair the bi-monthly Safety Committee, a joint committee of labor and management to work on safety concerns and improvements.
- Determine the nature of risks to which the organization is subjected; monitor operations to identify changes in these risks; facilitate risk management decisions by management team.
- Monitor extraordinary and safety-related incidents and ensure proper follow up, track incident data and trends, and lead the creation & completion of risk mitigation action plans.
- Chair the monthly Risk Management Committee, a standing meeting of senior program staff, to drive forward specific improvements projects and policy and procedure development.
- As a member of the Senior Leadership team, participate in leadership meetings, contribute to agency-wide projects, and lead workgroups as assigned.
- As a member of the Administration and Planning department, collaborate on initiatives, special projects, and other tasks of the team.
- Knowledge of risk, safety management, or regulatory compliance, with 4 years experience in physical healthcare, behavioral healthcare, housing or shelter services. Eagerness to improve the policies, procedures, and systems that ensure a safe an effective environment for clients and staff.
- 7 years of leadership experience in a non-profit, healthcare, or government agency ideal, with a demonstrated knowledge of the challenges facing social service providers.
- Proven experience in change management and project management, with the ability to influence & gain buy-in at multiple levels, across divisions, functions, and cultures.
- Strong research, data analysis, and fact-based problem-solving skills that can synthesize both big picture strategy as well as the on-the-ground details.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and coordinate work efficiently, prioritize workload, be flexible and resourceful, work under pressure and tight timelines and with changing priorities. Ability to exercise independent judgement and decision making.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as computer skills including work processing, spreadsheets and databases; proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint a plus.
- Ability to work flexible hours as necessary for infrequent early morning, late evenings, or weekend meetings or events.
- Candidates selected for this position must pass a criminal history background check prior to employment.
- A personal vehicle is not a requirement of this position. However, the employee will need to use agency vehicles occasionally and thus must possess and maintain a valid Washington State Driver's License and a safe driving record.
- Academic degree in Business Administration, Non-profit Management, Organizational Development, Public Health, Business Operations, or related field.
- Professional certifications or training in Risk and Safety Management, Project Management, Change Management, or related area of expertise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit, communicate with other employees and vendors, is required to lift and carry items weighing up to 25 pounds and to operate computer hardware systems. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Considerable stress may occur.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
DESC is committed to diversity in the workplace, and promotes equal employment opportunities for all staff members and applicants. The Agency will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability in any employment practice, unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Years of Experience Required: 5
Web Site: http://www.Click2Apply.net/5f2nh56c53gr2d9m
|Contact Name: Apply Online