The Project Engineer is responsible for everyday project activities, project delivery, overseeing all phases of the project from design to contract document and specification production, shop drawing checks, site visitation and project closeout. The candidate will possess strong technical abilities, and experienced in land development project design and able to lead a team of engineers on small and large projects. We are looking for individuals who may not have the experience of a Project Manager, but can independently evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria using judgment in making adaptation and modifications. Ability to perform assignments designed to develop professional work knowledge and abilities. Plan, schedule, conduct, or coordinate detailed phases of technical work in portions of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope. Prepare project specifications and cost estimates. Provide assistance to the Project Managers in preparing current status information for internal reporting and for keeping clients informed on progress. Supervise or coordinate the work of drafters, technicians, and others who assist in specific projects.
- Leadership skills and the ability to meet deadlines and provide high quality service to clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Coordinates, writes and/or edits specifications applicable to civil engineering
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of building codes, zoning regulations, and permitting/approval process as it relates to civil engineering
- Thorough understanding of building systems and site requirements as it relates to civil engineering (Structural, MEP, Civil & Geo-Tech)
- Highly organized, detail-driven, and conscientious
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Civil 3D
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- P.E. licensure preferred
My name is Jake Lillie and I place professionals at all levels across the country. To confidentially discuss the next step in your career, I encourage you to contact me at 605.799.4784 or via email at Jake.email@example.com.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States over the past 28 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or protected veteran status.