Structural Project Engineer
The Project Engineer is responsible for everyday project activities, project delivery, overseeing all phases of the project from design to contract documents and specification production, shop drawing checks, site visitations and project closeout. The preferred candidate will possess strong technical abilities, and experienced in various structural project design and able to lead a team of engineers on small and large projects. Ability to perform assignments designed to develop professional work knowledge and abilities. Plan, schedule, conduct, or coordinate detailed phases of technical work in portions of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope. Prepare project specifications and cost estimates while keeping clients informed on progress. Supervise or coordinate the work of drafters, technicians, and others who assist in specific projects.
- Planning, design and development of building structures and facilities.
- Assure complete documentation of engineering requirements
- Coordinate all work with Architects, Engineers and CAD Technicians from the initial planning stages through final construction
- Estimate, monitor and control construction costs
- Maintain project files and calculations for assigned projects
- Assure quality and completeness of the engineering design
- Perform and/or supervise on site condition surveys
- Assess project staffing needs
- Monitor conformance to project scope and document deviations at the time of discovery
- Prepare technical reports
- Participate in client meetings regarding engineering systems
- Mentor staff; May provide supervision to other engineering team members on a project
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Civil Engineering or related field
- At least +7 in structural engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer
My name is Jake Lillie and I place professionals at all levels across the country. To confidentially discuss the next step in your career, I encourage you to contact me at 605.799.4784 or via email at email@example.com.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States over the past 28 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or protected veteran status.