Current opportunity for a Controls Engineer. Excellent growth company with excellent benefits.
If you are looking for advancement, challenge, work/life balance, and security in your career, check this position out for Controls Engineer.
This Controls Engineer position is responsible for complete electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic design of custom manufactured automated machinery. This includes, but is not limited to, design, programming and troubleshooting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS CONTROLS ENGINEER
- Supervises CAD Operators and Engineering Assistants, as required.
- Gathers information necessary to initiate design.
- Determines the extent and type of controls required to construct the assigned machine(s).
- Sizes all electric, pneumatic and hydraulic components.
- Contacts vendors for information needed.
- Programs logic controllers and any other components necessary including, but not limited to, robots, servo drivers, displays and remote interfaces.
- Progresses with designs of multiple machines.
- Reviews, resolves and investigates opportunities that arise pertaining to active jobs.
- Reviews procedures and makes suggestions for company standards procedures.
- Generates bills of material, controls schematics and software required for controls construction.
- Maintains network files as required for the controls design department.
- Evaluates new and/or additional software.
- Reviews with mechanical engineering intent for machine construction.
- Directly supervises and participates in the construction of machine manuals.
- Gathers all appropriate literature required for the construction of machine manuals.
- Resolves problems encountered by manufacturing.
- Conducts operator and maintenance training. May be required at the customer's facility.
QUALIFICATIONS CONTROLS ENGINEER
- Must Have Bachelor's degree in engineering-related engineering field.
- Minimum 1 years of experience in controls design and engineering.
- Advanced mechanical aptitude.
- Experience with supervisory skills.
- Strong in ability to read controls schematics.
- Strong with experience and ability to draw controls schematics.
- Must be able to use AutoCAD drafting on PC's.
- Must be able to program for Allen Bradley controllers.
- High Level of ability in machine building practices (wiring, plumbing, etc.).
- Must have knowledge of machine control practices.
- Required to have a general knowledge of industry products.
- Must have knowledge of local distributors of products.
Please contact Christopher Nielsen at Christopher.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on this Controls Engineer position or any other positions you may be interested.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States over the past 27 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or protected veteran status.