*Our client is unable to provide sponsorship*
Position: Electrical Engineer
Responsible for designing code compliant industrial control panels. Will work closely with sales and mechanical engineering teams to ensure designs meet customer requirements while minimizing manufacturing costs.
- Read and understand electrical, mechanical, process specifications and drawings.
- Design code compliant and functional electrical control systems per specifications.
- Draft electrical wiring drawings using Autocad Electrical.
- Generate engineering submittals including electrical wiring schematics, bill of material and component documentation.
- Set and maintain quality standards for the manufacturing of control panels.
- Interface with applicable managers in reviewing and evaluating project requirements and schedules.
- Coordinate control/instrumentation requirements with PLC program engineer.
- Coordinate instrument and device requirements with mechanical engineers.
- Assist with field service support and trouble shooting.
- Maintain required UL documentation and satisfy UL inspections.
Successful candidate will have a strong technical background in industrial machinery electrical control design.
In depth understanding of NFPA and UL electrical codes. Including UL508A and UL698A explosion proof requirements.
Must have the ability to multi-task, prioritize and deal with interruptions to bring to successful completion complex assignments while meeting deadlines.
Candidate must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and be proficient with various software packages including Microsoft Excel, Word, and AutoCAD electrical.
Ability to program is a plus and knowledge of PLC programing for varying brands of PLCs including Allen Bradley, Siemens and GE is a plus.
*To ensure your information is seen, please contact Jay Mendel directly at the email listed below. Please include a summary of qualifications RELEVANT to this position.
Take the next step in your Branch Manager career. APPLY NOW! Please contact Jay Mendel directly at email@example.com for more information on this or any other positions you may be interested.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States over the past 27 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.