*Our client is unable to provide sponsorship*
The Controls Engineer designs and drafts systems of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic controls for machines and equipment applying knowledge of electricity, electronics, hydraulics, and pneumatics. The Controls Engineer position requires consistent exercise of discretion and judgement to design and develop machine controls hardware and software in conformance to customer specifications employing standard design practices, applicable codes and assessment of functional requirements. The incumbent closely monitors the progress of the machine from concept through machine acceptance on the customer's floor.
- Extensive experience programming latest Allen Bradley/Rockwell PLC/HMI software.
- Extensive multi-axis servo (CIP) programming experience. Ability to tune and set parameters on most servos.
- Extensive Control Logix Rockwell and motion control experience.
- Knowledge of PLC networking systems (Ethernet I/P, DeviceNet, Profibus, ControlNet). Capable of writing code in ladder logic. Ability to design hardware and write code to customer standards.
- Thorough knowledge of appropriate regulations, specifications, and codes (customer specifications, NFPA 70E, NFPA79, CE, UL, and OSHA).
- B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred with a minimum of 2 years' experience in design, development, programming and commissioning custom automated equipment in an OEM environment.
Timber Automation will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States.
This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided.
Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Job Type: Full-time
- design, development, programming: 7 years (Required)
- hydraulic and/or electric motion controls: 5 years (Preferred)
- commissioning custom automated equip. in an OEM environment: 1 year (Required)
- AB Powerflex VFDs and FTView HMI software: 7 years (Required)
*To ensure your information is seen, please contact Jay Mendel directly at the email listed below. Please include a summary of qualifications RELEVANT to this position.
Take the next step in your Controls Engineer career. APPLY NOW! Please contact Jay Mendel directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on this or any other positions you may be interested.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States over the past 27 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.