Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KOMO News in beautiful Seattle has a marquee opening for a dynamic and motivated News Anchor/Reporter. You will lead breaking news coverage from our "Live Desk" during KOMO's early morning newscasts and be the main fill-in anchor for the morning and 11:00 AM news. It is essential you show examples of extemporaneous breaking news coverage and display the ability to flawlessly ad-lib on a major breaking story. The ideal candidate will be a leader in the newsroom, highly engaged in social media, anxious to anchor from the field and possess the ability communicate in a real way with the audience while presenting an urgent, walk-and-talk newscast.
- The ability to present breaking news coverage from the field or studio without scripting
- The ability to source breaking information using seasoned and experienced news judgement to present breaking news accurately, fairly and without mistakes
- Knowledge of I-news scripting and basic newscast production techniques
- The ability to report, write, and produce daily reports and longer-form investigative and feature stories
- 5-7 years of on-air television news broadcast experience with a substantial and consistently-scheduled component of anchoring
- Experience reporting and anchoring breaking news from the field or studio
- A degree in broadcast journalism or related field
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!