Local solid Community Bank is looking for their next team member on their senior leadership team to take on a Chief Risk Officer role to run the Compliance and Risk department.
The Chief Risk Officer develops, implements, monitors, and maintains an efficient and effective Risk Management Program supporting the Bank's strategic risk management approach to capital adequacy and asset and liability management. The incumbent is accountable for risk management operations including the integration of risk concepts into strategic planning, and risk identification and mitigation activities. A main priority of the CRO is to ensure that the Bank is in full compliance with applicable regulations, analyze all risk-related issues, and recommend improvements, modifications, and new procedures where controls are needed.
The qualified candidate will come with over 10+ years in both compliance management background and senior leadership experience with credit risk/underwriting/finance background, CCO, CFO, CRO or mgmt level experience, working with bank risk profile, commercial lending group and credit risk analysis. Must have experience working with federal regulators and examiners.
* Oversee the Risk Management, Compliance, BSA/AML, OFAC, CRA and Security functions.
* Create an integrated risk framework for the entire organization; develop strategies and plans to anticipate, assess, and mitigate risks.
* Implement and oversee the Risk Management Program with appropriate reporting to the BOD Risk Management Committee.
* Administer information security and fraud prevention activities.
* Oversee preparation of the Information Technology Risk and Security Assessment including a cyber-security assessment.
* Administer the Business Continuity Plan and Vendor Management programs.
* Prepare the annual enterprise Risk Assessment for submission to the BOD Risk Management Committee including the quarterly Key Risk Indicator reports.
* Evaluate compliance with policies, procedures, processes, laws and regulations.
* Review risk assessments prepared by all areas of the Bank.
* Act as principal liaison for all regulatory exams and inquiries.
* Recommend improvements, modifications, and new procedures to mitigate risk and address inadequate or weak controls.
* Manage the agenda and presentations to the BOD Risk Management Committee.
* Recommend Board of Director training.
* Participate in strategic planning, capital stress testing, Senior Credit Committee, ALCO and Audit Committee.
* Maintain technical and professional knowledge by attending educational workshops and training, obtaining relevant professional certifications, reviewing professional publications and books, establishing personal networks, participating in professional associations, and staying informed of any legal, policy and procedural changes relating to enterprise risk management.
* Keep informed of industry changes, trends, and best practices, and assess the potential impact on processes and procedures.
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please reach out to our banking and finance search consultant for the PA/NJ area at 605-301-4770 or firstname.lastname@example.org
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States over the past 28 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time