Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a globally recognized, research-driven, biopharmaceutical company with more than 65 years of history. Headquartered in Switzerland, Ferring is privately owned with over 5,700 employees in nearly 60 countries. In the United States, Ferring identifies, develops and markets innovative products in the fields of reproductive health (infertility), urology, gastroenterology, endocrinology, women's health (obstetrics/gynecology) and orthopaedics. Ferring's US operations employ approximately 800 people.
People Come First At Ferring. The Ferring Philosophy places people at the heart of what we do. This guides our relations with patients, physicians, employees, and other stakeholders. We invite you to share our passion for people and the power of science.
Responsible for carrying out research for validation of the Rebiotix Microbiome Restoration Therapeutics platform and for building evidence for new Microbiome Restoration Therapeutics opportunities
Rebiotix, a late-stage biotechnology company part of the Ferring Pharmaceutical Group, is focused on commercializing the world's first Microbiota Restoration Therapy. By harnessing the power of the human microbiome, Rebiotix aspires to change the way challenging gastrointestinal diseases are treated. Our goal is to improve the lives of patients and reduce the cost of care associated with some of the most debilitating disorders suffered by patients worldwide. We are a passionate team of scientists, engineers and clinical researchers motivated by the opportunity to blaze new trails and create new technologies for today's medical field, looking for like-minded individuals to add to our growing team.
- Conception, design, and execution of qualitative and quantitative research of human microbiome data collected in association with Rebiotix' clinical trials
- Conception, design and execution of research projects to evaluate whether MRT could treat additional microbiome-related indications and to design and develop new MRT products
- Critical evaluation of primary literature in order to design appropriate experiments with the object of reaching timely Go/No-Go decisions on project viability)
- Manage academic collaborations with major research centers and key opinion leaders in the Microbiome analysis field.
- Manage scientific aspects of microbiome research collaborations with contract research organizations.
- Representation of Rebiotix-Ferring at scientific conferences and via publication of novel research findings in high quality journals.
- Creation of strong organizational alignment for new research programs through effective presentation of scientific cases to colleagues and supervisor.
- Biology background (Ph.D. with postdoctoral training)
- 7+ year scientific experience in microbiome analysis research
- Proven/successful experience in conceiving, establishing and executing early stage research projects, preferably in Microbiome Analysis or related area.
- Expertise in using multiple DNA sequencing methodologies, curating, and understanding data quality metrics
- Proven publication record in high-quality peer-reviewed journals.
- Proven ability to establish a strong network of academic partners in order to facilitate new idea generation.
- Proven ability to critically evaluate the primary literature and design appropriate experiments with the aim of achieving timely Go/No Go decisions on project viability.
- Experience in defining research projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written.
- Ability to blend into the Rebiotix culture and embrace the Ferring philosophy.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you need assistance during the application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org