Wire Room Compliance Analyst Consultant
(Located in Manhattan)
· Assist with Compliance oversight of the Bank's wire transfer system's operations.
· Review and maintain records of wire transfers in order to ensure accurate processing and transparency. Provide timely and accurate analysis involving daily reviews of financial transactions in a fast-paced, time sensitive wire room operations environment.
· Assist with implementation of new wire room Policies & Procedures for reviewing Trade Finance and MT202 Transactions.
· Read and analyze SWIFT Messages, Fields and Message Types.
· Review incoming & outgoing wire transfers according to set policies and procedures.
· Review the purpose of wire transfers and determine if it's reasonable to effectively mitigate potential fraud/suspicious situations.
· Continually evaluate effectiveness of operational controls; develop appropriate mitigation plans where points of failure are identified.
· Monitor and escalate anomalies in areas of notable deficiencies concerning wire room compliance.
· Assist BSA Compliance Officer to ensure that the branch's BSA/AML procedures, manuals, trainings and programs are kept current and relevant for wire room operations.
Skills, Competencies, and Experience Needed:
· MANDATORY EXPERIENCE WITH WIRE ROOM OPERATIONS.
· MANDATORY EXPERIENCE WITH OFAC SANCTION SCREENING AND AML REGULATIONS REQUIREMENTS.
· LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WITH AUDITING, TESTING, REMEDIATION, OR AML PROJECT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE.
· Must be able to read and analyze SWIFT Messages, Fields and Message Types
· Must be able to identify Risk associated with payments, processing, settling and clearing high volume of transactions
· Produce daily and monthly reporting of key performance and risk metrics.
· Understanding of Wolfsberg Payment Transparency Standards, SWIFT Standards, FINCEN Travel Rule and FATF 16
· Knowledgeable with nested banking, correspondent banking, US Dollar Clearing, overseas wire products, and other Risks associated with Wire room operations.
· Experience with payment processing, check processing, ACH, EFT, Fedwire, CHIPS, SWIFT.
· Advanced Excel Skills and Data analysis skills are required.
· Knowledge of and experience with AML regulations and requirements, including the Bank Secrecy Act, The USA PATRIOT Act, FFIEC BSA/AML Exam Manual guidelines, OFAC/Economic Sanctions and Suspicious Activity Reporting as they pertain to wire transactions.
· Strong attention to detail, communication, collaboration, and organizational skills are required as well as the ability to prioritize workloads and deliver results in a time-sensitive environment.
· Excellent communication skills and ability to provide feedback and advise business on AML compliance for wire room operations.
· Experienced of work experience within a financial institution, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination of with at least 3-5 years' experience working in an AML and/or Sanctions compliance function
· 4+ years of Wire Room experience
· Bachelor's degree (Master's Degree preferred)
· Possibility of temp to perm
· Preferred CAMS certification