Senior Loan Originator
New York City
Executive Vice President
Our client is a Commercial Mortgage-Backed Securities lender with national reach, focused on making loans on commercial real estate ranging from $4MM to $50 million. The company's smaller size allows the firm to provide quick responses and a streamlined approval process.
The company offers two types of loans: Fixed Rate ($2 million to $50 million) [No Fixed Rate] and Floating Rate Bridge (4-50MM). Property types include apartments, office, retail, self-storage, industrial and hospitality. All loans are non-recourse. With greater flexibility and more personalized service, the company is building trust and long-term relationships with mortgage bankers and borrowers.
The business model includes securitizing loans twice a year.
The company is seeking an experienced CRE Bridge Loan originator with a history of successfully originating first mortgage loans to commercial and multifamily property investments.
The ideal candidate or team will have an existing book of business which includes CRE bridge loans of 3 to 5-years.
To achieve the stated objectives for this position, the following duties will be required:
- Develop new relationships with Mortgage Brokers, Owners, Developers and Investors of commercial and multifamily properties
- Place a minimum of $100M of loans per year
- Complete initial opportunity evaluation and analysis
- Convert relationships into financing mandates
- Participate in industry conferences, symposia and other high-level events
- Entertain clients and assist in implementing company-sponsored events
- Work within a team framework to execute transactions
- Manage deal process with help from underwriter assigned to deal
The company does not have a preference regarding location. However, the firm's team is in New York City.
- 7+ years' experience in commercial real estate lending with experience in originating securitized product
- Proven origination track record of originating and closing fixed and/or floating CRE loans
- Previous experience in CMBS and/or commercial banking lending to CRE clients
- Strong quantitative / analytical skills and writing ability
- Bachelor's degree in related field is required, Master's Degree a plus
- Technology proficient
- Attention to detail / thoroughness / focus / determination