The Tenant Coordination Project Manager is responsible for carrying out the construction and delivery obligations of the company's small shop, core vacancy leasing efforts. This position assists the leasing and development teams by providing accurate cost, schedule and scope information on deals under negotiation, administers the lease requirements relative to design, construction and delivery, executes the physical work requirements from drawing production to permitting and bidding to construction, delivers possession to the tenants and facilitates tenant openings for business and the start of rental income to SITE Centers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Interfaces with tenants, manages and obtains tenant drawing approvals, monitors tenant work phase of projects, resolves new tenant issues and concerns, and facilitates the attainment of tenant's open for business (OFB) date
2. Analyzes, interprets, abstracts and understands leases and administers the lease requirements
3. Provides due diligence to the leasing and development teams regarding cost, time and scope for core vacancy re-tenanting
4. Prepares, manages and forecasts cash needs for projects under construction or in process, including cost estimates for small shop constructions
5. Sources and establishes new relationships with outside vendors to assist with small and large scope projects
6. Understands and navigates municipal permitting requirements and processes. Coordinates with city officials to obtain necessary approvals and permits for projects
7. Assures adherence to schedule, quality standards and tenant requirements by monitoring project progress, performing site visits, coordinating activities and resolving project issues
8. Selects, hires and coordinates design and construction teams
9. Understands, negotiates and prepares design and construction contracts. Processes related pay applications and change orders as needed
10. Assembles bid packages, evaluates proposals from contractors and qualifies bids
11. Prepares landlord-tenant work exhibits for leases
12. Manages the budget by keeping project costs within budget parameters and reporting on actual and projected budget variances
13. Establishes and documents turnover of premises to tenants
14. Establishes and maintains positive tenant relationships to promote subsequent deals with SITE Centers
15. Identifies and tracks lease-required advance notice dates and delivery dates
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed
Education, Training and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree with two plus years of related construction, design or development experience including exposure to construction means and methods, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
1. Reads and understands construction drawings and specifications
2. Detailed knowledge of construction and building components
3. Analytical and problem solving abilities
4. Strong communication and presentation skills
5. Effective interpersonal skills
6. Ability to prioritize multiple projects in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
7. Detail oriented; organized
8. Ability to interpret and explain complex instructions
9. Work well under pressure, meets deadlines consistently
10. Ability to develop and manage budgets and to control expenses
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
Bachelor's degree in business, construction management, architecture or related field.
Nature of work requires an ability to effectively communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents, and operate standard business office equipment. The ability to move around a construction site, climb ladders, and face exposure to dirt, dust and other typical construction conditions is required.
Work performed in a general office environment. May require extended hours during peak periods. Requires occasional travel (including overnight travel) to construction sites and off-site meetings.
This position description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of SITE Centers. Since no position description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder's responsibility.