Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and construction services for industrial, commercial and government organizations globally. The company employs over 74,000 people and operates in more than 40 countries around the world.
We are seeking a qualified Software Engineer / Windows platform desktop and client/server applications developer to support the 53rd Wing Technical Support Services (53rd WTSS) contract. This contract provides the Air Force support services in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services, security, and test & evaluation.
The successful candidate will develop desktop and client/server applications with C#, ASP.Net, and SQL Server, troubleshoot and fix customer issues and deploy software applications at customer sites.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain U.S. DoD Interim Secret Security Clearance.
- Must be clearable to TS/SCI and wiling to submit to a CI polygraph.
- DOD 8570.01-M IAT-I certification (e.g. CompTIA A+, Network+, or better).
- Ability to obtain DOD 8570.01-M IASAE-II within six months of hire.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science or a related discipline and a minimum of five (5) to eight (8) years of direct/related software engineering experience.
- Three or more years of relevant application development experience.
- Understanding of relational databases and ability to interface applications to databases.
- Strong ability to deploy software and database to customer sites.
- Ability to communicate with customers to diagnose and resolve technical customer issues.
- Unit testing experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Professional experience building Windows platform desktop and client/server applications using C#, ASP.Net, XML, HTML, SQL is highly desired.
- Experience developing platform agnostic applications.
- Technical knowledge and writing ability for writing requirements, design and deployment documentations is highly desired.
- Strong experience optimizing SQL stored procedures and functions.
- Web development experience interfacing with Microsoft Tools (Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.).
- Development experience such as VB.Net, JQuery, Infragistics, JSon, AJAX, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- Experience working on a government site.
- Familiarity with ITIL.
- Knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Ability to quickly adapt to new situations.
- Ability to work well in a project team environment.
- Ability to multi-task; easily adapt to changing work environment.
- Ability to work effectively with strong, diverse personalities.
- Demonstrated ability to offer exceptional customer service.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Capacity to work unsupervised.
Office setting that includes sedentary physical effort. However, may include lifting of weight up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary. Must be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions. Work site is located at Eglin AFB, Florida.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distance may be required.
Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to work site is required. Travel to and from customer's locations may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.
The Jacobs System Lifecycle Group (SLG) enables the success of Department of Defense (DOD) and other Governmental organizations by providing unmatched systems life-cycle solutions. As a partner to our clients, we focus on innovative and cutting edge solutions that drive value. We take pride in sustaining a strong culture by remaining true to our three Core Values: We are a Relationship-based, Growth is an Imperative, and People Are Our Greatest Asset. Jacobs offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally with the advantages of strong leadership, competitive compensation and rewarding career paths. Come join the team whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations.