A local agency is in need of an experienced Employee Benefit Account Manager. Must have at least 3+ years experience. Must have a strong work ethic, a drive to succeed and a "can do" attitude. Knowledge of various carriers, ability to help with quotes and proposals, new business and renewals. Also this is a fun company to work for, flexible time and a great compensation package.
Primary Job Purpose:
Management of an assigned block of Employee Benefits business in the Branch. Accounts may be fully insured, partially self-funded, or, self-insured.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing pre-renewal, renewal, and marketing reports.
- Comparing health plan benefits and costs.
- Calculating employee contributions and working out contribution strategies to meet client's budgetary requirements.
- Prepare annual client service plans.
- Conducting annual open enrollment meetings, health fairs and webinars as needed.
- Collecting new client information for HIB technology offerings.
- Authoring correspondence, communication materials and compliance notices as required.
- Negotiating rates and benefits.
- Coordination with external CPA of ERISA Form 5500.
- Audit client information, premium, and commission splits in the HIB Agency
Management System (Zywave).
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Core Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Assist the Producer to organize and meet meeting deadlines.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Knowledge of employee benefits/health plan implementation and administration.
- Knowledge of, and practical experience in, regulatory issues such as ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, as well as various state and federal regulations specific to health insurance.
- Ability to negotiate rates and benefits with carriers.
- High School Graduate / College Degree Preferred.
- Two or more years working in group health insurance, or benefit brokerage/consulting.
- CA Life and Disability license required.
Jennifer Thompson is eager to have a conversation with you about your aspirations for a future career. Please contact her at (605) 610-3041 to have a conversation about this exciting career advancement opportunity!
gpac (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 27 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused, and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or protected veteran status.