District Sales Manager Job
|Location: Itasca, Illinois
||Date Posted: 1/18/2019
|Job Code: 180000V5
Area of Accountability:
The District Sales Manager (DSM) contacts fleets/end users, dealers, and Original Equipment Manufacturers' district offices to make them aware of the advantages in specifying Hendrickson products
And secure their commitments to specify our products. The DSM works with these customers to resolve customer complaints relating to product performance.
- Contact fleet accounts and end users to influence decision to specify Hendrickson products and secure the spec. Identify, manage and maintain primary relationship with customer.
- Develop personal relationships with users and potential users of Hendrickson suspension components (truck and trailer) to make them aware of the advantages in specifying the Hendrickson product.
- Coordinate Hendrickson's efforts to correct any customer complaints relating to product performance.
- Review Hendrickson's recommended service procedures with users.
- Conduct service training for fleet maintenance personnel.
- Identify fleet user applications appropriate for testing components on suspensions. Coordinate and assist Engineering in arranging installation of components on suspensions. Provide periodic reports on performance of components on suspensions: every two (2) months mileage updates and every four (4) months visual inspection.
- Provide assistance in locating replacement parts.
- Contact Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) dealers (truck and trailer) to promote Hendrickson products, influence the sale of Hendrickson products and support OEM dealers using Hendrickson products.
- Contact Sales Manager and Sales personnel
- Review current product offerings
- Introduce new product offerings
- Recommend suspension models for specific operations or applications
- Make presentations to dealer personnel
- Ensure continuous supply of sales literature is available
- Contact Parts Manager
- Make literature available
- Advise Parts Manager of specific end user needs in area
- Advise of the programs available
- Contact Service Manager
- Assist in correcting field problems
- Check supply of services literature
- Contact Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) District Offices
- District Sales Manager and District Sales Engineers
- Recommend suspensions for specific operations or applications
- Introduce new product offerings
- Make product presentations to district personnel
- District Service Engineers
- Coordinate to resolve field complaints
- Keep them current on recommended repair procedures
- Contact lift axle distributors to promote and to sell Hendrickson lift axles by providing product information and distributor support.
- Present information to distributors describing lift axle product offerings, appropriate applications for products, pricing and competitive advantages
- Assist in specifications of proper product for specific application
- Provide information regarding installation methods and service procedures
- Supervise installations as required
- Provide sales literature and technical service materials
- Identify fleet contacts for end user coverage calls; make sales calls to fleets presenting appropriate information to contacts
- Coordinate responses to distributor problems and questions concerning delivery, quality and engineering
- Assist in credit and collection activities as required; assist in resolving billing and invoicing problems
- Effectively manage product, customer and competitor information through administration, data gathering and communication.
- Monitor Competitive Activity in Marketplace and report to divisions
- Competitor data
- New product offerings
- Price trends
- Customer penetration
- Product performance
- Forecast inputs, e.g., major fleet purchases
- Ongoing quality, design problems
- Customer and product requirements
- Develop and maintain customer files and keep CRM accurate and up to date
- Fleet Contact Report
- Dealer Contact Report
- Master Maintenance List
- Calendar Pad List
- Other duties
- Represent Hendrickson at industry trade shows as assigned by supervisor
- Participate in state and local associations as assigned by supervisor
- Represent Hendrickson as an OEM Account Manager (see separate position description) for selected truck and/or trailer accounts.
- Maintain an awareness of the company's product offerings (design considerations, performance specifications, product applications, manufacturing processes, etc.) and of the marketplace (competitors' products, competitive advantages, pricing, market trends, pricing, etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 5 years territory sales. Experience in selling in the heavy-duty truck/trailer industry is strongly preferred. Candidates must have significant industrial sales/marketing experience if no experience in truck/trailer industry
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated presentation skills using PC software
- Strong territory management skills
- Position requires significant travel by car and air; approximately 3 nights on the road per week.
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Marrissa
|Company: Hendrickson Intl