The Construction Project Manager is responsible for managing development projects to meet tenant requirements and specifications. Projects may include new buildings, re-developments, expansions and renovations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Manages design and construction portion of project budget in conjunction with the development director
2. Negotiates services and coordinates design and construction teams
3. Prepares, reviews and evaluates designs and construction costs
4. Negotiates design and construction agreements for various projects. Coordinates with tenants and city officials as required
5. Manages project cost reports and maintains project records for property information and site plans
6. Coordinates and manages interface between the landlord and tenant design and construction teams
7. Prepares and maintains project schedules by monitoring project progress, performing on-site project management, coordinating activities and resolving performance issues
8. Maintains project books, and prepares and reports on project status and performance issues
9. Prepares and manages cash needs for projects under construction
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed
Education, Training and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in construction management or a related field with a minimum of five plus years of construction project management experience, including previous exposure to project finance and budgeting, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
1. Thorough knowledge of construction, engineering and design including building and safety regulations
2. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, adhering to strict deadlines
3. Demonstrated leadership and management ability
4. Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills
5. Ability to develop and manage budgets
6. Ability to work well under pressure, meeting deadlines consistently
7. High degree of initiative and independent judgment
8. Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
9. Ability to work effectively with cross functional groups in solving business problems
10. Computer skills; spreadsheet and project management software capabilities
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
Previous project management experience in retail, commercial real estate.
Nature of work requires an ability to effectively communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents, and operate standard business office equipment. Ability to climb up and down a ladder and move around construction sites. Exposure to dust, dirt or other construction hazards during site visits.
Work performed in a general office environment and at construction/property sites. May require extended hours during peak periods. Frequent day and overnight travel to property and construction sites for meeting attendance and on-site project management.
This position description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of SITE Centers. Since no position description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder's responsibility.