Entering ManTech's 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a "Top 100 Global Technology Company" by Thomson Reuters. We have earned this and many other accolades over the years for our dedication to serving the missions of our nation's most important customers: U.S. Intelligence, Defense and Federal Civilian agencies. All know us as a trusted partner offering best-in-class solutions in cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering tailored to meet their specific requirements.
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The IMS Division provides mission solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customer's success is driving our growth.
As an IT Release Engineer you will be responsible for providing and following repeatable processes for rolling out releases involving technical projects or a definable portion of a larger technical program in accordance with contract requirements and company policies, procedures and guidelines. Collaborates well with all engineering and operational stakeholders in the implementation of high quality, documented, effective, and efficient releases. Assists in the implementation and validation of requirements during change, configuration and other testing activities, engineering events, and reviews in accordance with project objectives. Responsible for acquiring follow-on business associated with assigned projects and for supporting new business development by leading relatively small proposals or assisting with major proposals.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Forward plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application and other baseline releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Provide early lifecycle support post-deployment
- Deploy and maintain Windows 10 VDI clients using VMWare Horizon View in a VMWare ESXi environment.
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Conduct and/or participate in Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go review
- Produce deployment plans and reviews implementation plans
- Communicate release details and schedules to the business needs as required
- Negotiate, plan and manage release activities
- Work with Service Design team leads to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Updates the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Coordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists
- Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
- Participate in CCB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Researches new software development and release management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current release management needs
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 0-3 years of previous release and/or project management experience.
- 2-4 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
- Familiar with software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective analytical skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Security+CE certification or equivalent required
- Enterprise Desktop and Application virtualization experience with a preferred certification in one or more of the following: VMware Horizon View, Microsoft Hyper-V / App-V, Citrix XenDesktop / XenApp
- Flexible work hours to support minimal early shift, after hour and weekend release activities
- Experience with ACAS scanning tool
- MCSE - Microsoft Certified System Engineer - Desktop Infrastructure Solutions Expert (2008 products or later) desired
- SCCM Experience/Certification
- ITIL v3 Certified
- Familiar with installing and administering CISCO routers and switches.
Top Secret clearance require
Requires Bachelor's degree (in Computer Science, Math, Electrical Engineering or related field) or equivalent, and two to four years of related experience.
02-04 years w/Bachelors Degree
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.