Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KTUL-Tulsa's Channel 8 is seeking a bold, energetic, and creative full-time Digital Editor! In this role, you will be responsible for day-to-day digital news content, working closely with news managers to make sure all digital platforms are up to date, accurate and compelling. The ideal candidate must have excellent writing skills and news judgment. You will also work on the assignment desk gathering news and overseeing crew assignments. Must be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Gathering news affecting the community
- Preparing story items for presentation in the newscasts
- Assisting in the efficient operation of the assignment desk
Required skills and qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Minimum of one (1) year of assignment desk experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree with a major in journalism is also preferred
- Commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy
- Solid news judgement
- Be a compelling and accurate writer
- Be able to multitask and manage time in order to put together relevant news and information across all digital platforms
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Basic computer knowledge/word processing skills
- General knowledge and interest in local, national and world news
- Proficiency with Facebook, Twitter and emerging social media
- This position is full-time and will require working a flexible schedule that includes early mornings, nights, weekends and holidays
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace!