Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
ABC 33/40 has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Breaking News Anchor/Reporter. As a News Anchor/Reporter for the station, you will anchor live breaking news during Good Morning Alabama Monday-Friday, serve as the fill-in anchor on mornings and midday newscast, and turn franchise content for later newscasts. You will be required to produce daily content on a variety of platforms, including the internet and social networks, along with performing other duties as assigned by the news managers.
Skills and Requirements:
- A strong writer
- Someone with sharp wit and the ability to work well with others
- Ad-lib ability is a must
- A self-starter and who can generate his or her own story ideas
- The ability to demonstrate enterprise reporting and creativity in storytelling
- Exemplary communication skills
- Ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule
- Previous anchoring experience is required
- The ideal candidate should have considerable live shot experience
- Previous experience working in a team environment is a must
This is NOT an entry-level position. You must have 3 years on-air experience. If you have the required experience and skills, please apply online.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!