At AIG, we offer a unique opportunity that will launch your career with opportunities for professional growth and development supported by a powerful entrepreneurial culture of innovation.
As a part of the VALIC Retirement Education Center, you will have the opportunity to be trained on the products, value proposition, sales concepts, and gain the required licensing (State of Texas Life License, FINRA Series 6 and 63) to perform in this position. Individuals who excel as Personal Financial Consultants come from different professional backgrounds, so no prior financial services experience is required.
As a Personal Financial Consultant you will be working closely over the phone to educate current customers on their existing investment plans and engage existing account holders regarding new strategies to meet their short-term and long-term financial goals. You will have the opportunity to conduct comprehensive financial planning for clients to help them achieve and reach their goals for retirement all while driving new business to the organization.
- Maintain VALIC's clients by focusing on client relationships and asset retention
- Contact clients to determine if there have been changes in their financial and investment goals
- Educate clients on the investment products and services they are currently enrolled in
- Familiarization with core VALIC products and services
- Identify additional customer needs and introduce additional VALIC products
- Frame conversations strategically and overcome obstacles
First Year in Review (Typical Progression):
- 0-3 Months: Studying and sitting for the State of Texas Life License and FINRA Series 6 and 63
- 3-6 Months: Complete VALIC's training program, move into production and begin working with clients & obtain the FINRA Series 65 Investment Advisor Registration.
- 6-12 Months: Begin to engage clients regarding new investment, insurance and retirement income planning strategies.
- 12+ Months: Move into a position of either supporting a District or managing your own book of VALIC clients.
What Our Employees Love Most About Working at the Retirement Education Center Include:
- Paid Licensing (includes exams, materials and study time)
- No Cold Calling or Prospecting
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Working an Existing Book of Business
- Work/Life Balance
- Base Salary Plus Uncapped Commission
- Benefits starting on your date of hire
- Fun, Flexible and Supportive Culture
- Bachelor's Degree or 2+ years of sales experience with demonstrated success
- Ability to obtain FINRA Series 6 & 63 as well as the State Variable Life and Health License within 90 days of start date
- The ability to develop trusting relationships with clients and be proficient in communicating and educating clients over the phone
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at http://www.aig.com/careers/life-at-aig/join-the-talent-network. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and http:// www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites is not incorporated by reference into this press release.