Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WJAR, Southern New England's News Leader and one of America's most successful NBC stations, has an immediate opening for an energetic and creative Executive Producer! The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the production of relevant, compelling newscasts with high production value. You will work closely with the other producers and reporters on daily story selection and coverage. As a newsroom leader, the expectation is that the Executive Producer will lead by example.
- Supervise producers, making sure newscasts are filled with compelling, urgent stories that are clear and easy to understand
- Copy edit newscasts to make sure scripts and graphics are accurate and do not contain spelling or grammatical errors
- Maximize use of graphics and pre-production to enhance look of newscasts
- Work with production team to ensure that ideas can be executed with robotic cameras and control room automation system
- Work with other news managers on special coverage plans and be a leader in wall-to-wall breaking news coverage
- Produce newscasts as needed
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Four-year degree in journalism or communications preferred
- Strong writing skills and a proven track record for getting results on initiatives
- Great people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating
- Experience with Avid and iNews a plus
- Successful candidate will have had at least 4 years of experience in broadcast journalism as a producer, or equivalent experience
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace!