VALIC's Relationship Managers play a significant role in client retention by developing and maintaining close, positive client relationships through active phone contact, situational analysis, and information sharing with small market institutional retirement plans.
What You Will Be Doing: Develop and maintain relationships with plan sponsors and their administrative personnel. Serve as a professional resource to external clients by communicating pension related technical knowledge efficiently and effectively through correspondence, presentations, and/or consultation with clients. Utilize digital marketing capabilities to coordinate participant communication to drive desired participant outcomes. Stay up-to-date on current and emerging developments/trends in the retirement industry. Drive client satisfaction with VALIC and provide client references to leverage for business development. Identify add on products and/or services to the client. Anticipate external customer needs and potential problems and fulfill client needs where possible.
- Support the daily administration of retirement plans
- Provide prompt, accurate and consistent information that meets or exceeds quality metrics
- Address client needs, develop action plans, and consult on products, services and capabilities that add value for the client
- Complete client requests promptly
- Develop and foster relationships with clients, consultants and internal business partners
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related field or equivalent education/experience
- 2-5 years of financial services experience preferred
- Ability to manage multiple institutional client relationships independently
- Must pay attention to details and maintain an organized workflow
- Must be able to manage tasks and priorities to meet strict deadlines
- Must have strong problem-solving skills to identify root causes and implement problem solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to continually meet and exceed client expectations and goals
- Candidate must be comfortable with outbound proactive client communication via phone calls, email, and web conference.
- Pension experience in the areas of benefits design, compliance and implementation are a plus
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at http://www.aig.com/careers/life-at-aig/join-the-talent-network. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and http:// www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites is not incorporated by reference into this press release.