Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KOKH FOX 25 in Oklahoma City has an immediate opening for a full-time Digital Content News Producer!
The Digital Content News Producer is responsible for publishing daily news and breaking news content to the station's website, copy editing staff stories, and managing the look of okcfox.com.
This position also manages our significant presence on social media platforms and is responsible for working closely with newsroom staff to keep our viewers and digital consumers updated on all screens
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Effective & Timely use of Internet, Social Networking and Mobile. Seek out and post relevant information (words, images and/or video) to station's digital platforms in an accurate and timely manner.
- Engage audience through effective use of social media, (E.G., Facebook, Twitter) for both newsgathering purposes and interaction. Also includes uploading material (words, stills and/or video) from the field or TV station to those sites when applicable.
- Engage and help grow audience through effective us of station's mobile news platform. Includes sending breaking news. sports or weather alerts to mobile devices.
Required Skills and Experience include:
- Expertise with content management systems, digital metric tools and social management tools required.
- At least one (1) year of previous news producing experience at a commercial TV station
- Strong leadership skills and excellent communication skills
- Proficient with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems such as iNews.
- Ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts.
- Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must
- Journalism degree preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!