*Our client is unable to provide sponsorship*
ELECTRICAL BIM DESIGNER
This company is a national design build electrical contracting firm grounded in the simple, powerful concept of performing efficient, quality work. Our loyalty is to our clients and our communities in more than 40 states. We are continually seeking individuals who are passionate about the electrical design and construction industry who want to contribute to our company growth. If you are driven, love what you do and hold yourself to a standard of excellence, we want to hear from you!
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will provide electrical design and BIM coordination from our Minnesota office. A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail is required. This role interacts with various departments within the company as well as with other disciplines outside of the company. Primary responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Create coordinated 3D/BIM models specifically regarding the electrical installation with the assistance of field management.
- Create electrical drawings in 2D for construction within Revit on a variety of projects under the direction of senior design members as well as project managers and general foremen.
- Work from engineer's markups and sketches under minimum supervision.
- Create and own the electrical layout for projects in 3D.
- Coordinate between other major disciplines outside of the company.
- Ensure outputs meet the required standards and meet agreed upon deadlines.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENT
- Minimum two (2) year degree in electrical construction, electrical design for construction or similar.
- 3D/BIM modeling experience using Revit.
- Minimum 2 years related electrical design/modeling experience.
- Strong Revit skills.
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Willingness to learn new ideas and concepts.
- Advanced experience working with Revit.
- Experience working with Navisworks.
- Experience working with Trimble.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, filing cabinets, photocopiers and fax machines.
- Employees are frequently required to sit, and occasionally required to kneel, reach, stoop, crouch or crawl.
- This position requires the ability to lift files, open file cabinets, and bend or stand as necessary.
- This position may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds.
Company offers a competitive total compensation and benefits package, which includes 100% employer paid health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, basic life insurance, paid vacation, sick and holiday time, 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan with an employer match and participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
*To ensure your information is seen, please contact Jay Mendel directly at the email listed below. Please include a summary of qualifications RELEVANT to this position.
Take the next step in your Electrical BIM Designer career. APPLY NOW! Please contact Jay Mendel directly at email@example.com for more information on this or any other positions you may be interested.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States over the past 27 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.