Watch your work come to life in landmark projects around the world when you partner with Syska Hennessy Group! As a global leader in consulting, engineering, and commissioning services, we specialize in highly technical buildings and the systems that bring them to life. We currently have an opportunity for an Electrical Engineering Summer Intern to join our Los Angeles, CA office.
Our dynamic work environment provides the optimal setting to take your career to the next level. From our supportive culture, diverse workforce, and competitive compensation, to our flexible work schedules and fun social events, it's everything you'll need for an exciting, challenging, and rewarding career.
As an intern, you will support our engineering teams working towards our designs that are inspiring, demanding and highly collaborative. You will learn from others, and they will expect to learn from you. You will share in the responsibility, rewards and recognition of producing truly innovative solutions and complete client satisfaction. The pace is fast and the camaraderie is close.
Some responsibilities include:
- Assist engineers in preparing design documentation
- Prepare AutoCAD and Revit drawings of Electrical systems
- Assist engineers with design calculations and sizing building Electrical systems
- Assist engineers with field investigations and construction site visits to observe
- Attend intern education program lunch-and-learn sessions
Our interns will also be part of our intern education program, which consists of informational lunch-and-learn sessions that are attended by firm wide interns. These sessions consist of various topics of our business. Interns are encouraged and expected to attend these sessions as such are crucial to their development.
The ideal candidate will enjoy a team environment and also flexible enough to work independently where needed. Candidates for this role will be eager to expand their knowledge by challenging themselves and using the highly technical resources around them.
Additional job requirements:
- Pursing a bachelor's Degree from accredited university in Electrical engineering
- Must be at a minimum in your second year
- Previous engineering internship or co-op experience, a huge plus
- Proficiency and/ or knowledge in the latest version of MEP AutoCAD, is a plus
- Experience or basic knowledge of REVIT, is a plus
- Basic knowledge in design and calculation software; MS Office Suite
As an employee with Syska Hennessy, you will be part of a global firm with an amazing history! We are committed to being the best, to advancing engineering design practice, and to supporting our clients with integrity. To make all of that happen, we rely on the talent, drive, enthusiasm, and the total job satisfaction of the great people who work here.
Join us this summer to prepare for your career as an Engineer through our Intern Education Program. This program consists of lunch- and- learn sessions covering various aspects of our business while gaining "hands-on" experience working with our engineers and visiting project sites. Once you graduate, jump start your career by joining Syska Hennessy Group and our EDT program.
About the EDT Program
Our Company is committed to developing engineers into respected technical experts and versatile business leaders. In keeping with that aim, recent graduates interested in our Engineering Development Training (EDT) program can expect to participate in an accelerated, but thorough training curriculum. This curriculum will teach not only the technical aspects of our profession, but industry specific business aspects as well. Our senior engineers will work closely with each participant to foster a strong mentor/apprentice relationship.
This time-honored program is a trademark of Syska Hennessy Group's commitment to the development and education of young engineers through mentoring and technical training.
As a member of our highly collaborative team, we provide our full-time employees with a flexible benefits package that reflects our respect for your workplace contributions, professional goals, and personal priorities. The personal benefits program at Syska Hennessy Group includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
- Roth 401(k) Option
- Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Health Wellness Program, including in-house yoga, flu shots and biometric screenings
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training and professional development courses
- Professional development incentive bonuses
- A Generous Personal Time Off Program (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible summer work schedules
- Opportunities for community outreach through internal networks
- Business travel accident and medical insurance
- Monthly transit/parking stipend
- Monthly business phone stipend
Syska Hennessy Group - Creating Exceptional Environments
Let's Work Together!