Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WHP-TV has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Morning News Anchor. We are looking for someone who is skilled at ad-libbing breaking news and who can deliver both scripted and breaking news in a professional and easy-to-understand way. The winning candidate will be able to demonstrate leadership qualities and have exemplary communication skills. Our anchors are responsible for both writing and delivering reports for our radio partners. They are a part of the community and spend time in the community off-hours.
- A strong writer
- Someone with sharp wit and the ability to work well with others
- A self-starter and who can generate story ideas on a daily basis to contribute to the team
- Exemplary communication skills
- Must have at least ten (10) years of on-air experience
- Required to produce daily content on a variety of platforms, including the internet and social networks
- The ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule that may at times include evenings and/or weekends
- Must have the ability to connect with both the television viewer and the social media user
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and have a good driving record
- Previous anchoring experience is required
- Considerable live shot experience
- Previous experience working in a team environment is a must
If you have the required experience and skills, please include a link to your work when applying.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!