Class A CDL Associate Driver is a driver with less than one year of current Class A CDL driving experience. Martin-Brower will hire individuals with less than one year of experience and enter them into our Associate Driver training program. Driver Associates will perform driver duties that will allow them to gain the necessary experience to qualify for a Professional Driver position with Martin-Brower after successfully completing the program.
General Requirements to Enter and Complete Entry Level Driver Training
- Must have valid commercial driver's license or learner permit to operate a CMV and agree to satisfactorily complete the Company Entry Level Driver Training program outlined herein.
- A Driver Qualification file shall be complete and on file before the Driver is allowed to operate any Company vehicle. A copy of a CDL or a Road Test Certificate from another employer will not be accepted in lieu of a Company road test.
- Must comply with Federal and state regulations and Company policies.
Shall consistently and successfully perform all duties of a Company Driver during the 180 day program before entry to the Permanent Driver force.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Delivering products to our customer utilizing various methodologies that may include manual conveyors, carts or pallets in a multi-temperature environment
- Effectively maneuver equipment on lots with obstacles and limited space
- Provide exceptional customer service to each customer
- Accurately complete necessary paperwork
- Utilize on-board computer program (XATA)
- Understand and abide by all Company policies, government regulations, and safe work processes at all times
- Any other duties as assigned
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status,
or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.