ISM Security is currently recruiting for 2 Full Time Unarmed Security Officers to work at a Recreational facility located in East Chicago. Must be able to work overnights and afternoons as well as weekends on a permanent basis.
Started in 1974, ISM Security is one of the largest privately-held security services providers in Northwest Indiana area and we are growing! Join a leading company in one of the fastest growing industries.
Unarmed Security Officers responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Train and qualify to work assigned post. Understands the specific and general post instructions for that assigned post. Maintain practical knowledge of all additional and emergency post instructions that are called for by the client.
- Maintain access control procedures set by management.
- Effectively utilize access control systems, visitor management systems and CCTV systems as needed.
- Identify all guest, seasonal residents and visitors upon arrival.
- Ensure visitors and vendors are properly signed in prior to accessing the building.
- Effectively balance the cash drawer.
- Monitor security cameras that are within the facility.
- Respond to incidents including property emergencies.
- Conduct general patrols of the entire property during various hours, if required, including numerous flights of stairs and frequent patrols of the exterior in any weather conditions.
- Ability to stand/sit/walk for extended periods of time.
- Assist tenants and visitors with directions and general business information.
- Clearly and accurately record data such as property damage, unusual occurrences, and malfunctioning of equipment, to site and ISM management..
- Provide excellent Customer Service to all parties encountered while on duty.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience: High School diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1 year prior satisfactory employment as a security officer or directly related experience. Must be at least 21 years of age.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Ability to acquire and maintain a valid driver's license, state ID]
Language Skills: Must have the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English. Bi-lingual considered a plus.
Other Qualifications: Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check. Must maintain a working telephone number though which we can contact you.
Physical Demands: The physical demands are based on the contract and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. A list of these job duties is inclusive of, but not limited to: candidates must be able to stand for extended periods of time; be able to lift, push, and/or pull at least 50 lbs.; be able to accommodate foot patrols on the interior & exterior of the assigned facility; be able to perform assigned duties regardless of inclement weather.
Salary & Benefits: Compensation is $7.25 per hour. Skills-enhancing training and opportunities for career growth and promotion.