Systems Technical Support Analyst Job
|Employer Name: The Pythian Group Inc.
|Location: Ottawa, Ontario
||Date Posted: 11/9/2018
||Category: Computer Software/Programming
Company: The Pythian Group Inc.
Business Information: At Pythian we specialized in IT Product and Services, company that helps business adopt technologies to advance innovation and increase agility. Database consulting / IT Infrastructure
Business Location: 319 McRae Ave. Suite 700, Ottawa, Ontario. K1Z 0B9
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Communicate electronically and in person with computer users experiencing difficulties to determine and document problems experienced
Building and maintaining trustful relationships between a globally diverse user community and IT
Consult user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement solutions
Identifying issue trends and reducing their frequency by educating employees and creating and updating Confluence articles and end user documentation.
Provide advice and training to users in response to identified difficulties. Soliciting feedback from users regarding current IT services and future t IT requirements
Collect, organize and maintain a problems and solutions log for use by other technical support analysts
Participate in the redesign of applications and other software
Supervise other technical support workers in this group
Provide business systems, network and Internet support to users in response to identified difficulties
Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software. Configuring desktops, software and services
Discovering inconsistencies in complying with corporate standards of security, hardware and software platforms and working with staff to resolve them
Continuous learning of IT Services, technologies used, internal procedures and policies.
Triaging and troubleshooting user requests and alerts from Pythians IT infrastructure systems
Identifying and proposing solutions to simplify the delivery of IT services based on ITIL best practices.
- Education: Completion of a college program or other courses in computer science, computer programming or network administration is required.
- Experience: Due to the critical projects we handle the candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in End User Support
- AWS Certification for SysOps Administrator at the Associate level is required.
- Administration of Windows and Linux (Server OS)
- AWS Certification for Solutions Architecture at the Associate level is required.
- AWS Technical Professional recognition is required.
- ITIL Foundation Certification in IT Service Management is required.
- Experience with TCP/IP networks and with DNS, DHCP, SMTP, FTP, CIFS, NFS
- Experience supporting and configuring Windows, Mac, ChromeOS, iOS and Android devices.
- Experience supporting and deploying a VDI solution.
- Experience with monitoring systems such as Nagios
- VPN, IPSec, Linux based Firewalls
- Experience supporting Linux based Web servers
- Recent/significant experience using the following IT tools: PagerDuty; Jira; Secret Server; LastPass; Bomgar; ESET.
- Recent/significant experience supporting the following office tools: Office 365, G Suite Enterprise; Cyrus IMAP; Lucidchart; Tableau; GoToMeeting; Slack.
- Cobit is an asset
- PMP, Prince2 is an asset
- Experience with Active Directory is an asset
- Microsoft SQL Certification
Computer, skills, experience and Technology Knowledge required:
Network Vulnerability, Analyzer/ Scanner, IT Security
Windows Server OS
Hardware Installation, Configuration and Maintenance
Broadband Technologies (T1, DLS, Cable, Wireless, Satellite, Fiber Optics)
Database Administration (Microsoft Access and SQL Server)
Work under pressure
Attention to detail
The candidate must demonstrate good communication skills and the ability to work independently or under general direction only.
Salary: $29.75 to $31.75 Hourly, 40.00 Hours per week.
- Extended Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- RRSP Match
- SEED Fund: 3% of salary up to $5,000.00 for Professional Development
- Office Allowance: $3,000.00 over 4 years for the purchase of Office Equipment
Work schedule is from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Participation in the on-call rotation after hours within the team and logging all the troubleshooting activities are a mandatory part of the position. This could include pages during weekends (while on call) with the expectation that you are able to begin working on them instantaneously.
Apply by phone: 613-565-8696 ext. 1727
Apply by mail to: 313 McRae Avenue, #700 Ottawa, ON, K1Z 0B9
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Person: Kirsi Maharaj
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Best Ads