This position has overall responsibility for managing the manufacturing and operations functions for the facility to ensure safe, efficient, compliant and profitable operations. The scope of this position covers all processes from the sourcing of materials and services from suppliers, to the production and delivery of finished products that meet customer service and quality requirements. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Creation and adherence to established procedures for the handling of materials and finished goods; achieving operational excellence by continuously challenging manufacturing and quality processes, meeting or exceeding service levels and customer requirements and financial goals. Maintains operations safety, quality and cost goals through team involvement, motivation, innovation, training and continuous improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, but are not limited to:
- Management of fresh prepared foods manufacturing facility in a dynamic, cost sensitive market with short lead-times, customer-specific requirements and complex regulatory requirements.
- Ensures compliance to Company policy and achievement of corporate goals and strategy within area of responsibility and continually drives process improvements within the facility.
- Enables long-term growth vision by planning and executing strategies to maximize equipment and human assets.
- Management of multiple departments (direct reports include Production Managers, Safety, Warehouse, Planning, Maintenance, etc.).
- Promotes cross-functional goal alignment and common vision across functions.
- Responsible for planning budgets and capital expenditures, identifying ways to improve financial performance, monitoring inventory, and looking for new ways to increase profitability.
- Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to optimize operations.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Ensures machines and equipment are procured and maintained as required to deliver and optimum utilization and operational performance.
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Is punctual, on time, and adheres to company attendance policies.
- Performs job function in adherence to safety instructions and rules. Does not perform any job, duty, or function employee has not been trained for.
- Follows job specific instructions and rules.
- Meets and exceeds qualitative and quantitative performance standards as established by management.
- Other reasonably related functions to the position as may be assigned by management.
- Has functional literacy and oral communication skills in English for safety and following job specific instructions.
- Has the ability to function under highly stressful conditions and interact cordially with co-workers to accomplish common tasks.
- Follows and promotes safety policies.
- Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
This position reports to the General Manager and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the facility. This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
B.S degree in Business, Finance, Management, Food Science or Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering or related degree from a four-year college or university; with at least eight years' related experience and/or training preferably in food manufacturing; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A Master's in Business Administration is a plus.
FOOD SAFETY AND QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for oversight of their areas of responsibility of the plant's Food Safety & Quality Management Systems. This position provides oversight and guidance to staff members to ensure the manufacturing of quality food and is responsible for identifying product that does not meet the food safety and quality requirements of the company, and preventing its distribution.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Has the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Has the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.