Direct Hire - Associate Director, Medical Writing - Oncology Job
|Location: Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey
||Date Posted: 10/30/2018
|Job Code: BBBH28259
- The ideal candidate will be the designated Lead Medical Writer for one or more oncology programs, responsible for supporting the critical regulatory medical writing needs, and offering direction to other staff/contractors regarding these projects within this human health care pharmaceutical company.
- As the lead writer, the incumbent ensures timely completion, accuracy and quality of all clinical and submission documentation across all aspects of the compounds' life cycle management. Due to the complexity of the programs, the incumbent must rapidly acquire complete and advanced knowledge of the compound to ensure alignment and consistency across studies.
- The qualified candidate will have proven ability to write and effectively manage the document preparation when necessary.
- The Medical Writer is expected to work directly with clinical study teams, the oncology medical writing teams, regulatory affairs personnel, and the publishing group in the preparation of scientifically valid regulatory documents.
- The incumbent should be able to prepare regulatory documents on behalf of the Company in accordance with the ICH guidelines, international regulations, Company standards and processes, and the Company's Writing Style Guide as applicable.
- Documents include but are not limited to: Protocols and protocol amendments, clinical study reports, Investigator Brochures, and submission documents.
- The writer is responsible for managing the document review process and routing documents for approval.
- The writer will be expected to format and manage long documents with multiple review cycles and tight deadlines.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- As the compound lead, independently prepares, and at times directs the writing of PCSs, protocols and protocol amendments
- As the compound lead, independently prepares, and at times directs the writing, all sections of the CSRs
- Works across functional areas to obtain all applicable source material
- Interacts routinely with clinical research, programming and biostatistics staff to gain comprehensive understanding of the study design, objectives, and results
- Serves as a medical writing subject matter expert (SME) for other functional areas
- Leads the preparation of clinical sections of submission documents, such as briefing books, Global Investigator Brochures (GIB) and annual regulatory reports
- Leads the writing activities for marketing application submission documents
- Liaises with other functional areas and groups in the development of document standards and structure
- Implements document quality controls, standards and best practices
Process and Resource Management
- Gives input to process improvement within and across functional areas
- Influences medical writing strategies and processes within and across functional areas
- Evaluates project status by tracking metrics, proposing corrective action and escalating issues as needed
- Assists in setting deadlines and related milestones within department
- Delegates activities to team members to focus on more complex issues and provide opportunity for employee development
- Manages contractors and ensures that contractors, consultants and vendors complete assigned work according to agreed timeline
Matrix and Team Management
- Leads by example to encourage others to prioritize personal and professional development
- Acts as a coach and mentor to staff members across units
- Participates in recruitment, selection, performance, succession, and transition activities
- Identifies team training needs and recommends solutions
- Complies with all applicable laws / regulations of each country in which we do business
- Demonstrates high ethical behavior at all times, whether dealing with colleagues, vendors, patients, or physicians
- Reports legal, compliance and ethical violations in a timely manner
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences. RN, Master's degree in life sciences, PharmD or PhD preferred.
- 8+ years' experience writing regulatory documents in the pharma industry.
- Prior experience in oncology therapeutic area is desired. Any submission writing familiarity is a plus.
- Excellent writing skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proficiency using an electronic document management system
- Strong analytical ability to interpret clinical data
- The medical writer should be familiar with ICH guidelines and the current AMA Style Manual.
Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact Sanka at 646-856-8903 for additional information.
Approx. Duration: Perm
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years.
Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.
We work hard to match our candidates with the right career opportunities. Let us find you a #MatrixMatch so you can reach your career goals!
Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career!
Hired by Matrix Career Center: https://www.hiredbymatrix.com/find-work/open-positions/
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Hired by Matrix, Inc.
|Company: Hired by Matrix, Inc.